Problem area on layout-solved
After re-reading the replies to the initial post this is what I came up with -a platform for unloading lumber flats.I just realized that the lumber could be put against the building rather than in front of the platform where it is more likely to fall.
[Image: platform.jpg]

I'm also including the bulkhead flatcar that I have been working on. I deceided rather than put a load on it I made it look like a load was just taken off of it.
[Image: newflat.jpg]

Enjoy-Bob
Nice solution for your problem area. Thumbsup

Loren
I got my first train when I was three,
put a hundred thousand miles on my knees.
Thanks Loren
That looks very nice. Well done Thumbsup
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Thanks for the compliment Kevin.I appreciate it.I still want to do some weathering on the platform before I install it.Also the ground cover in that area needs a little repair work. Bob
I like the platform! Thumbsup
Ralph
Thanks Ralph.I think it will work out just fine.
Bob
Loooks good.
Glad it all worked out. And will make some nice switching.
Unless you just planned it to be static.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Platform, load, bulkhead flat, that scene could be changed up on a regular basis.
Platform, empty, waiting.
Loaded flat, at the platform.
Lumber on platform, empty flat.

It could give that area a "fresh" look, every time visitors see it.
Good use of space!
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
88,Sumpter,Thanks for the replies.
I'm not sure if scene will be static or not but as Sumpter suggested I could alternate loaded and empty flat, which is what I am planning on doing at coal dealer.Switch out loaded and empty hopper cars.Given the fact that these are small industries the cars could sit for a couple of days before being switched.
I also like the idea of having lumber on the platform or in my case some pieces leaning on platform as is shown in photo.
Thanks again-Bob