fouler mood (thankyou "Z")
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:
Sumpter250 Wrote:Yeah!. . that's the ticket! . . now I just have to decide how much of that $2,000,000.00 they should pay me for the privilege. Icon_twisted Icon_lol

1,999,975 dollars.
That'll save them 25 dollars for shipping the contest prizes.
You're assuming that they'd pay for shipping in the first place. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
You're probably right Don.
From the looks of things that have been happening over there. I can just imagine getting a PM that reads like this:
Congratulations ________(place name here), you have won this months modeling contest. Please send a check for $25.00 to cover shipping, in a box big enough, so we can ship your 26 year old incomplete model of a Israeli M60 tank back to you."

It could happen..?
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:You're probably right Don.
From the looks of things that have been happening over there. I can just imagine getting a PM that reads like this:
Congratulations ________(place name here), you have won this months modeling contest. Please send a check for $25.00 to cover shipping, in a box big enough, so we can ship your 26 year old incomplete model of a Israeli M60 tank back to you."

It could happen..?
I was told by MS in a PM that, "Sanjay hates to spend money". This kind of proves that theory... dig out something from the basement that you never built as a kid and pawn it off as a prize. Oh yeah, don't forget to write it off and get a tax deduction as a donation... Eek
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
2285_ It's so nice to see that my opinion about "Z", isn't the only one that's "jaded". 2285_ :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Icon_twisted :mrgreen: Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
I was looking through "Z" for posts that I had written "history" in, of my roads, and their beginnings.........One post originally had photos of my BL20-2's, now, there's links to the attachments, and when the links are clicked on, I get "page cannot be found". I cannot find the photos going to "user CP / attachments", so I guess some attachments are gone forever now. I believe, the post contained a reference to Rail Graphics, so it's possible that they called it "advertising" and "cleaned up the mess", before they lost any money.

The new residents either don't care, or don't have the skills to maintain the old neighborhood, and it's beginning to "go downhill" for lack of adequate, or skilled, maintenance.
So, the paint is flaking off.
Soon, the roofs will begin to leak, and it won't be too long and there'll be a ghost town where there once was a thriving community of people who cared about their neighborhoods.
Perhaps, too soon, the only record of our having been there will be found in the midden heaps.

The year is 1,002,009....Archaeologists excavating in the "lost continent" ( New Jersey), have found yet another set of strange "arch pairs". These latest, seem to have been painted a gold color. The theory that is becoming more, and more accepted is that these must be part of some ancient religion, because they are found in so many widely distributed locations. They are stilled baffled by the depiction of a small "round entity", always found with the inscription "Millions Served". It is believed that this must be the deity worshipped at these sacred places.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Gee Pete.
Everytime you go to "Z", you come back in a worse mood then when you left.
Here's a suggestion......Stop going....
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
But if you do, don't forget to say "Hi" from me... Welcome

I can't go there anymore... Nope Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:But if you do, don't forget to say "Hi" from me... Welcome

I can't go there anymore... Nope Nope

Yeah! I'll say Hi! from you, and then I won't be able to "go back"! Big Grin Big Grin

I like the stone, and I like the birds.........for now, I'll keep the stone, and not kill the birds.