Rollin' on the river...
Hello Everyone---after our fishing trip,Wayne suggested we do some railfanning.I would never pass up such an invitation---Wayne seems to know everyone,all the best spots and with his connections,we were welcomed everywhere we went.The only disappointment was we were unable to find Barney Secord---according to his friends,Barney has been away on a "business trip".Our first stop was the roundhouse at Lowbanks.Interestingly,my first shot was of "Lucky 26",the lead engine on the first train we saw earlier in the day.

[Image: Copyof111030.jpg]

[Image: 111018-1.jpg]
Not meaning to belittle or slight anyone else's efforts (including my own.. Nope ), but....if I were to pick the best "all-around" layout for balance between locos, rolling stock, scenery, craftsmanship, "realism"...I would have to go with Dr. Wayne's.... Terrrific work..!!!! Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Thanks so much for your kind words, Gus, but you're making me blush. :oops: Actually, there are, in my opinion, a disproportionate number of good-looking layouts on this forum, yours among them. I think that the friendly sharing of techniques, through both words and pictures, is a big factor, but I also think that the non-judgemental attitude of our Members allows a greater number of talented people to display their work without fear of destructive criticism. After all, none of us start out as highly skilled modellers, and many people with talent, even though pleased with their own efforts, are not confident enough to show their work to others lest they fall short of someone else's "standards". I think, though, that as long as we're willing to learn, we can all benefit from one another's experience and observations. Both you and Squidbait noticed the the mis-mated couplers and both of you were kind enough to mention it in a not-unkind manner, and I'm sure many others saw it and, for whatever reason, elected to not comment. That reminds me to be a little more diligent, but it's also a good reminder to anyone viewing the thread, both to watch their own coupler adjustments and also to remember that I'm just another guy showing my work, hoping that somebody enjoys it, mis-mated couplers notwithstanding. Wink 35 Misngth In other words, don't wait until your work is "perfect" before sharing it with the rest of us - if everyone did that, there'd be no pictures here at all. Goldth

Wayne
As I mentioned....not meaning to put anyone down...More than anything, I think it's a standard we should all try (if we're so inclined) to achieve. Some layouts have excellent scenery, others terrific rolling stock, some others a great track plan. Some modelers are incredibly "gifted" manually, but lack "realism" in their doings, etc., etc. I think you have achieved a balance of all the aspects which make your work remarkable. I should be so lucky to achieve this someday..!!

Not to say I don't enjoy everyone's contributions, from the "layout on a disk", to modulars, sectionals, chase-your-tail (guilty on that point...), point to point, etc. It is, after all, something we do to have fun...if we come up with something we enjoy, then we've done a good job..!! Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:I think you have achieved a balance of all the aspects which make your work remarkable. I should be so lucky to achieve this someday..!!

I agree 100%. DoctorWayne rocks!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Hello Everyone---CNR trains are a common sight on Doctor Wayne's EG&E.Here's S-3-A Mike #3736 crossing the bridge at Chippawa Creek with a train consisting of various freight cars including some interesting Pennsylvania cars.All cars and the locomotive itself have been modified and painted by Doctor Wayne

[Image: 20092900j121.jpg]

[Image: 20092900j108.jpg]

[Image: 20092900j103.jpg]

[Image: 20092900j099.jpg]

[Image: 20092900j097.jpg]

[Image: 20092900j096.jpg]
Nice to see more on this thread! Nifty livestock car!
Ralph
Beautiful photos, I'm glad CNnutbar posted and brought it back to the top, I had missed it earlier.

Gary
Hello Everyone---here's a shot of "BEEG BOY" crossing the Maitland River bridge

[Image: 2009025-1.jpg]