ezdays kitbash 09 summer challenge
Looks good Thumbsup I was wondering how that was going to all fit together.
 My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
Believe it or not, I've made quite a bit of progress on my furniture factory. Here are a few shots of the buildings right before I combined them.

These are shots of the sawmill, front and back. Note that I've added a breezway to the back where it will become a passage to the main manufacturing plant.        
Here are all three buildings. I've added a second story porch and stairway to the sawmill and opened up the two lower windows to become doorways. I've also added some roof details.    
Now my wife cut some twigs from a tree out in our yard, and gave me a few skewers, and this being a company that takes trees and turns it into lumber for furniture, you don't even have to guess what they'll turn into.    
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Foul...!!!! Rules didn't say wives could pitch in.... Goldth

Seriously...That's coming along real nicely...Looking forward to more progress reports... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Here, all three buildings are together on their base:

Now there are the two tracks added that will service the facility along with some other details including weathering of the roofs:

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Don, that looks Fantastic!! Those structures made a neat little lumber mill!! Great job Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
That's a sweet looking scene!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
I have taken this a step further and added a couple of cars, so here's a few more views of my project in no particular order:                    

Now, after I took the above pictures, I realized that there was something missing. I couldn't believe that the construction crew forgot to build something very pertinent to the operation of this facility, so I have yet another few pictures to show where they did go back and do their thing. It may not be apparent at first, but you'll see what I'm talking about.

Care to veture a guess as to what it is that is missing from this structure? It is external and not something like the bathrooms. Misngth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Care to veture a guess as to what it is that is missing from this structure? It is external and not something like the bathrooms. Misngth

The breakroom, with the large plasma screen TV set on The Weather Channel or CNN, and vending machines?

No...How about some way to unload the logs from the flatcar.

Looks good other wise.
One question...Whats up with the European style bumpers?
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
A kiln, maybe..?? If you're receiving logs, they'll need to be sawn into lumber and either air dried for a long time, or put into a kiln for a shorter period (under controlled conditions), before they can be used in furniture..... Eek
Gus (LC&P).
Firstly, the missing thing isn't very complex, but will become very obvious when I show you what it is. Every building, small and large has one of these. This one doesn't... yet...

As for those European bumpers, there's a story about that, so I'm glad you asked. It seems like the rail sidings were added during the war when furniture production was sidetracked for some more vital to the war effort. As we all know, steel was at a premium, and so the contractor searched what was the Outernet at the time (the precursor to the Internet) Icon_lol , and bought some surplus bumpers. He wasn't sure what he was buying since technology hadn't advanced to digital yet, as a result, the analog pictures were really fuzzy. he decided to use them and so there they stand for well over a half-century. Or, if you don't believe that story, then I could fess up and tell you that they were all I had to use except for a few Atlas that I didn't want to rip off their tracks. I also didn't feel like a 40 mile trip to the LHS. Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:Firstly, the missing thing isn't very complex, but will become very obvious when I show you what it is. Every building, small and large has one of these. This one doesn't... yet...

Then it is bathrooms.........
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Nope, it can be seen from the outside. Remember, "all buildings, large and small" have at least one of these. I'm talking about the smallest storage shed to the largest high rise.

I've already remedied the situation and will post the results later today.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
Here's my guess: gutters?

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
all buildings have walls, a roof, and doors. Well, other than some lean-tos or sheds which may forgo a wall instead of a door. Other than that...hmm... pigeons?
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Sorry, I didn't mean to stretch the answer out but I got sidetracked and was out of touch for about a week. I had the solution completed early last week, so here it is. What's missing? Well, every building, large and small has a main entrance, all but this one that is... Even a shed has a main way of getting into it. The only way into this main building was either through the loading dock or through the sawmill breezeway. It's not a nice way to ask your office workers and customers to enter the building, Nope so I added a main entrance to the office area, cleared out some of the gravel on that side of the building and added a small parking lot.

Here are the scraps I used to construct the entrance:    

And the completed entrance and parking lot:

Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and