Happy Canada Day!
Beamish Wrote:Hope everyone had a great day and got to enjoy some fireworks.

I live in a small bedroom community(population 400) outside Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and our town had some celebrations for the first time this year. We had a pancake breakfast, softball tournament, rib supper, bear gardens Cheers , fireworks, and even a parade.

The people of Saskatchewan have always been tough, but just so our friends to the south don't misunderstand, bear gardens are where bears, dressed in dirndls and displaying lots of cleavage, serve beer to happy revellers. It would be silly to have a garden simply filled with bears. Misngth Icon_lol Icon_lol Goldth Goldth

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:
Beamish Wrote:Hope everyone had a great day and got to enjoy some fireworks.

I live in a small bedroom community(population 400) outside Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and our town had some celebrations for the first time this year. We had a pancake breakfast, softball tournament, rib supper, bear gardens Cheers , fireworks, and even a parade.

The people of Saskatchewan have always been tough, but just so our friends to the south don't misunderstand, bear gardens are where bears, dressed in dirndls and displaying lots of cleavage, serve beer to happy revellers. It would be silly to have a garden simply filled with bears. Misngth Icon_lol Icon_lol Goldth Goldth

Wayne

I guess spell check missed that one. Smile but bear gardens are almost as fun as BEER gardens.
The more I deal with our Canadian members here on Big Blue, the more I realize how much they bring to this forum in the form of knowledge and experience.

To all our Canadian friends here on Big Blue - Happy Canada Day!
Jess

President and Janitor of the Arenac & Southern RR
Yah! das bier garten brings back fond memories of Oktoberfest in Muenchen!!
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
sgtcarl1 Wrote:Yah! das bier garten brings back fond memories of Oktoberfest in Muenchen!!

Und Oktoberfest in Berlin, Ontario ('course nowadays it's called Kitchener-Waterloo). But the beer is still great!

Andrew
sgtcarl1 Wrote:Yah! das bier garten brings back fond memories of Oktoberfest in Muenchen!!

Oh..Yeah!
I still have some mugs from there.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.