UP Elmwood Subdivision - N Scale Layout
Biased turkey Wrote:Nice work, I particularly like the gravel plant and the dairy kit structures.
About powering tthe cassette, I remember one modeler uses paperclips as contacts.
Here is the link:
http://www.all-model-railroading.co.uk/f...php?t=7752

Jacques

Thanks for the link, I really like the idea of the paperclip contacts he used. Very simply yet looks pretty effective. I may this a try before switching to a wired connection.
WOW - you've done a lot of work - really nice job! You should be proud of that helix...that really looks nice. The video tour was a good idea...really easy to follow the whole layout plan that way. I like the change in background colors on the room walls...the mountain/trees in the background seem far away. Nice effect. Are you running DCC or DC right now? I was guessing you're running DCC since you had two tracks on the helix so that one train could be descending while another is ascending...did I guess right?
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Herc Driver Wrote:WOW - you've done a lot of work - really nice job! You should be proud of that helix...that really looks nice.

I was pretty impressed by that helix myself.
I've really got to start thinking about adding that spare room so I can expand my layouts. Big Grin
CANNONBALL
Baby likes to rock it like a boogie-woogie choo-choo train!
Over the weekend I worked on completing some of the base terrain on the lower level. I'd like to get everything taped up and covered with an "earth wash" by Friday so I can spend the weekend working on the blast furnace kit. After that, I'll give the tape a covering of ground plaster.

[Image: IMG_1364.jpg] [Image: IMG_1365.jpg] [Image: IMG_1366.jpg] [Image: IMG_1367.jpg] [Image: IMG_1368.jpg]
Looking good, can't wait to see it all plastered up and scenicked!
Scott
Looks like a good base Shaun, im exited to see the plaster down and that river take shape Misngth 2285_
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Last night I almost finished up the corner cliff, but then ran out of tape! I have some extra pieces of rubber rock after trimming the other corner, so I added a small piece to a section of the cliff that ended up being a little vertical.

[Image: IMG_1369.jpg] [Image: IMG_1370.jpg]
Planning on adding a small Steel Mill industry to the layout (see Compact Steel Mill Plan thread).

A few hours Thursday night and Friday morning and the furnace component of the Blast Furnace kit is complete (handrails attached after I took the photos). Next up is the furnace house.

[Image: IMG_1377.jpg] [Image: IMG_1387.jpg]
Ahhh yes i remember when i was at that stage with my N Blast Furnace, its looking good!! Keep it up Misngth Thumbsup
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Great looking progress shots! I really like your rock cuts. What color did you use on the blast furnace?

Ralph
Ralph Wrote:Great looking progress shots! I really like your rock cuts.

Thanks!

Quote: What color did you use on the blast furnace?

Rust-OLeum Rusty Metal Primer. Got the idea from trucklover's n-scale blast furnace progress thread.
nolatron Wrote:Got the idea from trucklover's n-scale blast furnace progress thread.

Thats good stuff isnt it? Misngth and its pretty much a perfect color for large furnace buildings and steel beams Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Today I completed the house for the furnace unit.

[Image: IMG_1390.jpg] [Image: IMG_1391.jpg] [Image: IMG_1392.jpg]

I spray painted the cement pillars Testor's Dark Aircraft Gray, the steel beams (and the blast furnace) are Rust-Oleum's Rusty Metal brown, and the upper portion of the building is Testor's Model Master Stainless Steel.
Here's a shot of the furnace with the handrail attached, painted Floquil Reefer Yellow.

[Image: IMG_1393.jpg]
Good progress Shaun!!
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
[Image: noname.jpg]