UP Elmwood Subdivision - N Scale Layout
Good Job Nolatron Cheers

The layout it looking real good. And the video with the music is excellent. I really like your focusing move on the train going
into the tunnel, very nice.

Joe Thumbsup
I enjoyed the video Shaun. Thanks for sharing. Smile
Video looked good.
Layout looks like its coming along nice.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Been busy with other projects and work, so I've only managed to get a little bit of progress made on the blast furnace. Probably Saturday morning I'll paint the last pieces that make up the roof and then I'll be finish with this portion of the kit.

[Image: IMG_1584.jpg] [Image: IMG_1585.jpg] [Image: IMG_1586.jpg]
This morning I painted all the tape and baseboard an earth color. The color is called Lyndhurst Timber in Valspar Ultra Premium Base 2 (Interior flat).

Eventually a plaster/cement mixture will go over this for the final "topcoat" of earth.

[Image: IMG_1643.jpg] [Image: IMG_1644.jpg] [Image: IMG_1645.jpg] [Image: IMG_1646.jpg]
Looking Good Shaun Thumbsup Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
The blast furnace house is complete. Yay!

[Image: IMG_1657.jpg] [Image: IMG_1658_2.jpg] [Image: IMG_1660.jpg] [Image: IMG_1661.jpg]
This morning I installed the spur into Glacier Gravel.

[Image: IMG_1662.jpg] [Image: IMG_1663.jpg]

I was originally going to have a turnout coming off the main so there would be two tracks here (since that what the kit is modeled for), but decided to keep this a simple, small business with a single track. I'll model a cement pad in the right bay where trucks can drive in to get a gravel load.

I also installed the remote tortoise hardware for the feedmill spur on the main.

[Image: IMG_1664.jpg] [Image: IMG_1665.jpg]

Now I can fill in the hole left there for install access, and then install the tortoise underneath the benchwork.
Looking Good Shaun!! I like the idea of having the truck pad in the other bay for loading gravel trucks and dump trucks Misngth

The Blast Furnace is looking SWEET!! All it needs is some weathering now Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Thanks for the compliments.

Yup. I'll eventually get around to decaling and weathering the structures. I really haven't got into detailing any of my structures yet mainly because I've never done weathering before. Maybe I'll practice or some cheap scrap structures first before trying it on my layout structures.
I rcently got in some hardware to use for the signals so thought I'd give them a test. Here's the Signal Bridge on the lower level in front of the refinery.
Everything worked as planned.

[Image: IMG_1702_001.jpg] [Image: IMG_1703.jpg] [Image: IMG_1704.jpg]

And look at how I'm wiring them:

[Image: IMG_1707.jpg] [Image: IMG_1705.jpg]

A CML Electronics SIGM 20 in the wiring panel is connected to 6-pole surface mount boxes. A 6 conductor cable is then connected from that box to another surface mount box at the signal.

There I'm using a Cat5 8 conductor surface mount because these were the only ones I could find that had screw terminals instead of punch down terminals. Wires from the signal LEDs are secured to the approprate terminal. With only 6 wires used here, I probably could have doubled up the signals on one wire/connection like I am going to do for the double targets, but oh well.
Ive always loved to see your working signals on your layout, they really add a nice touch, and it is something i would definitely like to do on some of my modules where appropriate. Great job!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Here's a quick look at my first test of the signal in operation with signal logic programmed for it.

[Image: picture-1.png]
I've been following your thread here..(and in the nameless place as well), and admire all the technical work you've put into it...but seeing that signal light work kinda' brings it home...Great job...!! Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
Looking Good. Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Matt
I can smell a steam post ten blocks away and when I do clear the tracks because the steam express will be hi ballin through
http://cambriaindiana.weebly.com/