NW 58th St., Miami
cnw1961 Wrote:Josh, I don’t use Scenic Express/Mini-Nature Grass Tufts on my layout, I am using Heki wild grass instead. See Steve’s tutorial: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2824&p=46590&hilit=heki#p46446">viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2824&p=46590&hilit=heki#p46446</a><!-- l -->. Steve was not very happy with the online store he ordered it from, because it took very long, but it is available at Scenic Express now. Search their store for "Heki wildgrass". Like Steve I am using grasses #1840, 1841 & 1861. I saw all the Heki grasses at my LHS in person, but I thought these three looked the most realistic. Taking the size of the grass sheets into account, it is a bit cheaper than the Scenic Express/Mini-Nature Grass tufts. On my layout I used a bit more than 2 1/2 sheets so far: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=169&start=285">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=169&start=285</a><!-- l -->.

Thanks for the info Kurt! I just read through Steve's Tutorial Misngth Now to order some grass hehe
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Not sure if I said it before, but Kurt, inspiring modeling ! Beautiful. Das sieht alles sehr gut aus! Einfach klasse! :-)

Koos
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
Kurt,

I would like to know how you made or you get your backdrop ?
Kurt, your layout rocks! It's an awesome work of inspiration! Keep up the great work.
Mike
Thank you all once more for your very kind comments.

frankcombe, the backdrop is the background scene "Schawarzwald-Baar" from Faller.

You will have noticed that I did not work on the layout for a while and my postings have become quite sparse. Well, it was nice to build this layout up to this point, but these shoebox type structures are starting to bore me. I think I need a new challenge. The last few days I spent making plans for a new layout. It will be an urban scene and because I am focussed on scenery and not operation, the trackplan is quite simple and I already reached the final version. I’ll take a bunch of pics before I take the Miami layout down (I need the track for the next one) and I will post them on the WPF threads. Construction of the new layout will start soon, watch out for "Plymouth Street".
Kurt
Yikes! Eek

I can't believe you are going to take this apart...! I am torn, because I am really looking forward to seeing what you will do with more urban scenery. Big Grin

If you want to create a thread just for pics of the Miami layout, feel free to do so. You don't have to add them to the WPF.

Andrew
Kurt noooooooo your going to take it apart???? Eek

Well its been nice watching this progress, and I am awaiting the start of the next layout, with a name like Plymouth Street, it sounds pretty interesting!
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Kurt - I too am sorry to see this one go, but it's thrilling all the same to watch you work so I suppose I'll just have to sit tight and watch Plymouth Street develop.

Now is this 'Plymouth Street' as in gritty, greasy detroit, or as in Massachusetts?

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!
Kurt, tell us about Plymouth Street, where, when, who, please.
Reinhard
Andrew, I want to post my Miami pics on WPF, because it will give me the chance to contribute to this thread while I am still working on the basics of my new layout.

Josh, I hope the layout will be as interesting as its name Wink .

Galen, It is definitely not Plymouth Street as in Massachusettes, it is gritty, greasy New York Goldth .

Reinhard, here you go: I just started my new Plymouth Street thread, so if you want to have a look: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3320">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3320</a><!-- l -->.
Kurt
Awesome Worship Miami will live on in pictures Wink

Let the new adventure begin! Thumbsup Popcornbeer Thumbsup
Steve
Kurt -

You're setting your sights pretty high trying to top the layout work that guy Kurt did. ( I mean, I used to give him grief for using real shots and passing them off as a layout shot.) So if you think you're up to the challeng...hey - wait a minute...you're the same guy! That was your layout that looked so great...and now you've got plans to build another one. Oh. Never mind. Now I know you'll do great with this new plan. Thumbsup
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
WOW!!!! Kurt I'm stunned not only that you are stopping work on the Miami layout but that your dismanteling it also Eek
It was wonderful to follow along on your build log..and I learned quite a bit also so cheers to you Cheers
i've already had a look at your Plymouth Street thread...can't wait to see your progress.
Thanks for the pleasure!
Gene
oh...what are WPF threads???
Genetk44 Wrote:oh...what are WPF threads???

WPF stands for "Weekly Photo Fun"
Justin Miller
Modeling the Lebanon Industrial Railway (LIRY)