Poor shipping service
Tom Wrote:F&%#UPS is the one around here that is as reliable as a rice paper kotex.

Now THAT'S quite a mental picture...be awhile 'fore I get that outta my gourd...

Never had too many problems with any of them. I've had packages go from Florida to California in 48 hours. It took nearly 9 months for some missionary friends of ours in Nepal to get a package from us, so I don't harp too much about our service.
...prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits...

My blog>>> <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com">http://www.misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
As a guard, I have dealt with drivers from both "F" and "U". The drivers from "F" can be pretty ignorant and there are at least two drivers from "U" who should not be driving vehicles as we have had several close calls due to the idiot's driving. As for delivering, one time we had a C.O.D. parcel that was sent and when I went to call the recipient, the driver said "I don't have the f**king time for this s**t!", snatched the parcel out of my hands and left. The next day, I was getting reamed by the recipient because "U" told her I refused the parcel and ordered the driver out of the building when he asked me to call up. Thanks to that liar, I nearly lost my job and when I complained, was told to get lost.

My experience with these two couriers has left me with a very bad opinion of them. The only ones out of the whole lot that was half decent was Purolator and most of the smaller independant couriers.

As for the reason "Not attempted", that's a major crock. Not your fault they can't honour a contract. And for the other excuse the driver broke his leg, that's also unacceptable. Not the customer's problem. If they can't hire enough properly trained people, then maybe they should not be in business.
nolatron Wrote:It could very well be a generic message being displayed. Who knows what happened to driver. Perhaps there was a vehicle issue, driver problems, or a number of other reasons the caused a delivery attempt to be missed. I've had a couple packages by all 3 major carriers simply get "rescheduled" for the following day with no reason given. It's annoying, but I know things happen.

Very poor customer service. When I get a "No attempt made" message, the picture I get is the driver getting the parcel, looking at it, saying "Aw heck, I don't feel like delivering this." and tossing the parcel into the 'return' bin or the garbage bin. If there are problems, let the customer know (ie mechanical problems, driver schedule etc). That way, there won't be as much of a bad taste in the customer's mouth.

Maybe if they sent an invoice, I wonder if they don't mind it being sent back unpaid with the brief message "No attempt made" explaining why the invoice was not paid.