kitbashing, using a old Varney Body
Check out the Santa-Fe streamlined Blue Goose. Riverrossi made it for AHM. You'll see the almost identical front end.
frank
The slownees of the acceptance and entry of this post caused me to duplicate this post. Because their is no deleate I can't remove it. Anywhere elese I post articles I am able to deleate, but not here.
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
Russ :
*** Check out the Santa-Fe streamlined Blue goose. I only have seen the Riverrossi model that was made for AHM. The front end is very much alike to this varney model.
**** frank
nothing here
frank
I have one of the old versions of the Rivarossi Blue Goose. Unfortunately, the old Rivarossi drive died. I have it sitting on a bench awaiting repowering someday.
Russ, What is wrong with it.
frank
The motor overheated and melted the drive if I remember correctly. I attempted to "fix it" by making a new drive with brass square tubing, but that was not successful. I think I can get a repowering kit from Northwest Shortline, or I may just use it as a dummy. The Blue Goose was never used in So Cal as far as I know. I think it spent it's life running between Chicago and where ever the Santa Fe switched out the prairie power for bigger mountain power for Raton Pass. The Santa Fe scrapped the Blue Goose. I think it is one locomotive that they should have kept and restored, or made available to a museum for restoration. On my railroad I'm going to pretend it was restored like the 3751 and is used in railfan excursion service today. I'm thinking of just using it as a dummy and pushing it with a couple of more modern diesels pulling a business train.
Russ, could you post a picture of the damaged area, maybe I can help.
frank
I haven't figured out how to post pictures, yet; but the biggest problem is that we have been doing a major remodeling project to our house and all of my trains are packed up. I have a few in my Proto Power West carrying cases that I take to train meets when the modular club sets up, but otherwise everything is packed away right now.
Russ, I hope your work work on your house comes out alright. i'll be lokin for u.
frank
We are almost done with the main part of the project. The last item is a new garage door scheduled for installation on Monday. The contractor also wants the roofer to come back to redo something before he calls for final inspection on the roof. There is a bit of finish carpentry and paint work to be done inside, but other wise we are just about done. It is funny, I get calls from contractors trying to drum up business in this slow economy. I just tell them that at 63 I'm not interested in adding any second floor to my house. I don't want to deal with stairs in my latter years, and the house has been expanded as close to the property lines as the city will allow, so there isn't anything else to do to it.
At away Russ. I'm 63 also but stuck with stairs.
frank
Here is the streamliner primed and with first color coat.
frank

wow, that is looking great!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
I just sat the bodies on their wheels to see how they look. I am wailing for the paint to harden so I can tape off parts for a black or Brunswick green color addition.
* You can slide bar below picture to view whole photo.
frank

Russ Bellinis Wrote:I haven't figured out how to post pictures, yet; but the biggest problem is that we have been doing a major remodeling project to our house and all of my trains are packed up. I have a few in my Proto Power West carrying cases that I take to train meets when the modular club sets up, but otherwise everything is packed away right now.

* Russ ; for photos :
click; post a reply
then click; upload attachments. browse and a file appears.
then click; brows and find your photo on your computer. clicking on your photo selects it.
then click; add the file. place in line will appear. go to your text page use enter curser to position ** photo a distance below text.
then click; place in line. if the photo is of the right size 250k or less in it goes .
then click; preview. check it out. If something is wrong a text line will appear telling you what it is.
fix it .
then you should be done after you click submit.

frank