the Doctor is temporarily insane
To all Big Blue members---don't panic,Doctor Wayne is temporarily unavailable---I received a phone call today from Wayne indicating his computer is on the fritz and he won't be able to post or respond to any threads until it's fixed---not sure what the problem is but he hopes to be back on line ASAP---I'll be glad to pass on any messages in the meantime
Physician...heal thyself! Or call the Geek Squad! Goldth Hurry back!
Ralph
PS. Thanks for the nutice CN Nutbar!
Oh fine, just when we were to spring that surprise party for him. :o It's too late to cancel it now, so we'll just have to have a good time without him. 1990_dancing

Bad computer... Wallbang
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Did you say "tempoarily insane", cause you knew he couldn't see it?
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
Cripes, that stinks! Eek

Thanks for letting us know nutbar! Thumbsup , i hope Wayne gets it fixed quickly, or gets a new one soon Wink
[Image: sig2.jpg]-Deano
[Image: up_turb10k_r.gif]
I heard heard when computers go on the fritz it's because they went to certain sites :geek:
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
tomustang Wrote:I heard heard when computers go on the fritz it's because they went to certain sites :geek:
Not really. Most computers break down because they have internal problems. A bad hard drive is most common, but a circuit board or a cooling fan can fail or a cable can go bad. That is my first thought when someone has a computer that goes down... If one has adequate protection, they shouldn't need to worry about going on the wrong site, even though they should avoid them. I won't open an attachment that someone sends in one of those messages that have been circulating the Net, nor will I click on a link in one of those messages either, even though it passes my AV software checks. Caution and common sense are your first line of defense.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
ezdays Wrote:
tomustang Wrote:I heard heard when computers go on the fritz it's because they went to certain sites :geek:
Not really. Most computers break down because they have internal problems. A bad hard drive is most common, but a circuit board or a cooling fan can fail or a cable can go bad. That is my first thought when someone has a computer that goes down... If one has adequate protection, they shouldn't need to worry about going on the wrong site, even though they should avoid them. I won't open an attachment that someone sends in one of those messages that have been circulating the Net, nor will I click on a link in one of those messages either, even though it passes my AV software checks. Caution and common sense are your first line of defense.
oh you missed the joke Icon_lol
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
When he's back up and running, I guess the only thing he can do is redouble his posting efforts to make up for the lost down time. That way, he'll regain his "posting normalcy" much faster. Icon_lol
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
tomustang Wrote:oh you missed the joke Icon_lol
Yeah, could be. It hasn't been the first time and probably not the last time either, but I am seeking professional help so I can sort these things out better. 35 Had you said, "site" rather than "sites", perhaps I'd have a better chance at getting it though... Nope
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
I'm not too sure about the "temporarily" part, but I'm definitely "in"(sane) Misngth and back in business.

Supposedly, my computer was infected with a "Trojan Downloader" Eek :? It not only made viewing or opening almost anything difficult, but it, at times, took over completely. One night, I attempted to use the "Start" programme to shut it off, and it had no effect. Already P.O.'d, Curse I hit the On/Off switch on the cpu, then mashed it several times, all to no avail. Wallbang Wallbang I finally unplugged it, then went to bed. Next day, a complete scan located and corrected the problem. I waited a couple of days, 'til now, just to make sure everything was functioning properly. It's good to be back. Goldth Goldth

Wayne
Well, now!! I can certainly can relate to that!! I've had some doozy fights with my computer for the last week or so!! (my computer's name is HAL, if that has any meaning.) It doesn't recognize any of my drives, except for the 3 1/2" floppy. And the two hard drives. I think I got something bad from one of the "big bucks" scams that I've been recieving, lately ...
I've tried to find the problem, but to no avail. Anyone have a fix-all disc for Windows XP Pro???
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"