Rolling on the EG&E
Hello Everyone---I visited my good friend Doctor Wayne last night to do some raifanning on the EG&E.It was also a chance to use my new camera.After taking numerous still shots,we started experimenting with the different features,including trying the video mode.With the Doc at the controls,we tried a roll-by.Hope you like the results,with a little more practise,hopefully we'll improve the quality

[Image: th_20092900j051.jpg]
Nutbar, that is one darned nice video, beautiful train and great quality
Charlie
The quality and view look fine, it's probably the resizing from photobucket that make you lose out Cheers
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Not too bad for our first try, Goldth although I think that the camera should have been a little farther from the subject and we could have perhaps used a bit more light. One of the reasons that I'm not a big fan of videos is that most of them seem to make the motion of the train appear jerky, even though, in person, the train itself moved very smoothly throughout that entire run-by.
Luckily, we didn't do too much yakking while the train was running - I normally have the sound on my computer either turned down or completely off, and was unaware that the camera was also recording the sound. Not too much extraneous noise, though, even with the volume cranked, Wink Misngth although we'll have to keep that in mind for any subsequent attempts. 35

The second video, of the caboose hop, is from a better angle, although Ed, who was running the train, didn't realise that it was still in the viewfinder and slowed the train before it had left the scene. I was on the camera - which explains the mis-timed panning action. Misngth (Abbott and Costello make a movie!) Icon_lol

Wayne
doctorwayne Wrote:One of the reasons that I'm not a big fan of videos is that most of them seem to make the motion of the train appear jerky
Need a cam with more FPS :mrgreen:
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Hello---I'm not sure if everyone was able to access the second video,so here it is

[Image: th_20092900j052.jpg]
Cool vids.
I try the same thing with my camera. But I'm to embarrased to post them.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Cool vids.
I try the same thing with my camera. But I'm to embarrased to post them.
Please show them. We would like to see them Popcornbeer
Santa Fe all the way
Greetings from Germany!