What would you do?
Interesting thought...I'm grateful I don't have to deal with that kind of coin. But, if I did, my layout would only be an expanded running loop with a 36" minimum radius, 3-4 tracks wide, with plenty of under layout storage tracks...I'm just not that interested in building some well scenicked empire as I am being able to tinker with locos and run massive 100+ car freights for the sheer thrill.

Massive influxes of cash into the ministries I regularly give to would ultimately destroy them...there is however, a church down the street whose mortgage I'd buy, just to boot the pastor and board of elders out into the street, then turn their building into a private Christian academy for grades 1-12...ornery, yeah, I know Thumbsup .

I'd start a round of real train shows---not for profit, free admission, open to all who want to sell trains and set up layouts---where I can bodily toss out any maggot who tries to sell a Tyco boxcar for $10 or a used Rivarossi steamer as a "rare" collector's item.

While it's nice to ponder such things, history shows that that kind of coin generally doesn't bode well for those who get it---so I'll pray that one of my family members hits it, sose I kin gits a little sniff of it... Goldth
...prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits...

My blog>>> <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com">http://www.misterbobsmodelworksemporium.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
1. Insure that my mother-in-law was taken care for for the remainder of her life.

2. Set aside a trust for my step-son.

3. Set up a trust fund for the Colorado Reptile Rescue.

4. Take my wife on the honeymoon we never had.

5. Change over to HO scale.

6. Make my LHS the happiest guy in Colorado Springs.
Sell my property so that I didn't have to manage it any longer. No more riding mowers, push mowers, weed eaters, painting doors and sills, pulling weeds, chasing deer and rabbits out of my garden, shoveling truckloads of mulch and fish compost into the garden to maintain tilth.

Pay off debts and give a lot of money to friends and family who have an apparent need. (In Canada we differentiate between winnings and earnings, so no taxes.) Give money to hospices and local charities.

Buy a condo with a nice view and a pre-paid maintenance plan. Lease a large room or building for about 10 years and build a layout covering something like 500 sq. ft. in HO. To me, anything larger is just more work, both getting there and then trouble shooting and maintaining. Something with 30 -50 car trains would be fine.

I figure that would leave me with at least $100-plus millions, but realistically closer to $200M. That would be invested in several funds, some riskier than others, much of it in land. I would also acquire several revenue properties with renters/lessors...gotta keep the cash coming in.

Make a new will appropriate to the substantial changes to improve specificity and ease of succession to my wife and children.

-Crandell
What a concept. Hmmm.

Pay off all debts.
Major renovations at the house. (I really like the place and just don't have the heart to even consider selling it at this time.)

When the hoop la dies down:

Assist family and friends and hold one doozy of a mortgage burning party.
Invest in a couple of companies (perhaps storage units)
Purchase a good sized chunk of land and build a replica of a train station (Mimico) as a building to run my display.
Travel throughout Canada and then the rest of the world.
Settle down to a quiet anonymous life. I'll do volunteer work and continue to assist where I can.