Tire Question -- All Seasons Vs. Snow Tires?
I think the South rim facilities and tour buses run year round.
Arizona......Canada.......Phttttttttt!
Don't like the weather here in New England...Wait five minutes, It'll change.

Been to Canada, .....nice and cold. Great White North fits...eh?
Arizona....What the H..E...double hockey sticks makes people go for a jog, or a bike ride at high noon, in 115 degree tempature? I couldn't get the A/C to work good enough for me.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
So, how cold does it get along the I40 in January-February? We're going to be in a motorhome, so the main consideration is probably water supply.
A few years ago we had to change storage areas because the one we were using couldn't/wouldn't plow out its outside parking lot. We called around and ound one who said "No problem, we can clear out a space with the front-end loader."
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
I just checked the weather for Flagstaff on Yahoo and the temp today is a high of 60 and a low of 33. I suspect that the mid winter temps up there probably are in the 20s &30s during the day dropping to 0 or below at night. I don't know if it gets below 0 like the extreme North of the U.S. or Canada, some of the Arizona guys may have a better idea of the temps than I do. Check the weather for a week or two before you leave. I doubt if the weather changes much between Thanksgiving and April 1 up there, but some of the Arizona guys may have a better idea than I do. I would suggest checking weather for Albuquerque, Gallop, Holbrook, Az. and Flagstaff for a couple of weeks to a month before you leave. Check both the forecasted weather and the current weather report to see how close the weather guessers got. It also would not hurt to check weather for Southern California. If we have rain, it usually gets to Northern Arizona a few days later, and it will be snow in Flag at that time of the year.
You're correct, in Jan-Feb we're looking at freezing temps from New Mexico through Arizona. Remember, Flagstaff is at about 7,000 feet so it does snow enough that it's good skiing at the nearby Snow Bowl. Temps can get into the teens during those months. Albuquerque's temps can get into the 20's at that time as well.

As far as jogging in 115, yes, there are those that think they can show off by doing stupid things like that. Some get away with it, frequently though, there are those that don't. Even in the winter, one needs to be prepared when hiking. Some people go off trail and get lost. Comes night and they're not prepared for those night temps and a few days later it's no longer a rescue attempt, but a search mission. It happens way too frequently here, during the day the heat can be too harsh, at night the elements can be just as harsh.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD