My layout. by toptrain
That is one fantastic little empire your building and the round house area looks great.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
New tenaments have been constructed in the low rent district. Off a alley on the edge of the Industrial area.

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
These new tenaments were constructed for one reason. To hide the control panel.

* Let the wireing Begin.
frank

That layout is looking like a lot of fun! Don't let the wiring intimidate you!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
A different tpye of 2-6-6-2 tanker has been seen rounding the turn by the train storage area. It looks a lot more modern then what has been seen in the past. Unitah Railway must have updated one of their locomotives with a new larger boiler.
frank

Thats a pretty unique looking engine.
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada
Another view as the 2-6-6-2 advanced down the track. If you are a collector you will know who made the cars that this train is passing. Northwestern reefer, MDT reefer, NH box, LNE gondola, IC flat, C&O auto hopper, these are the names on the 6 cars. Three you can only see parts of. They are all made by the same manufacture. They are Oldies but Goodies.The boiler and cab are a USRA from a Athearn Mike.
frank

The story line goes on:
* I have recieved a letter from the little peoples Uintah Railway Co concerning the questioned Locomotive. It seams that one of there locomotives had a accident, and the the boiler, and cab were badly damaged. The railway maintance superintendent sugested a rebuild. A complete USRA 4-6-2 was purchased used from the ANNA railroad. From the time of purchase the Pacific never ran. It's drive was not properly made when it was new. Upon recieving, the boiler and cab were striped from its frame. The Unitah railways repairmen fitted the new boiler upon the 2-6-6-2 drive frame. The fit was more than good. A test run was proposed to check its how well it runs. Tho no number was applied to the cab The company still had it listed by its old number, #17. A builders photo of #17 is shown here.

* The new look of #17. This locomotive, it has been decieded will be upgraded from a switcher to a road engine. The tender from the USRA 4-6-2 will be added to this locomotive. So it is back to the repair shop for somemore work.
frank

Lionel or AF reefers..??
I was wondering how that engine got its coal....Now I see management has seen fit to provide a tender for it.... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Neat looking locomotive! I like the changes.
Steamtrains Wrote:Lionel or AF reefers..??
I was wondering how that engine got its coal....Now I see management has seen fit to provide a tender for it.... Goldth

STEAMTRAIN : Yes they all are American Flyier (Gilbert) cars. This Mantua 2-6-6-2 is a oil burner. To the rear of the cab on #17, the old photo, is a large oil tank. I put it on the rebuild. The size of this tank limits the distance this loco can go without a refill. I put this same problum onto the rebuild. That is way this rebuilt loco will have a tender added. And it will be converted to a coal burrner. The addition of the tender would change it from a large switcher, to a real road engine.
I am playing with the idea of turning around the loco, and making a cab foward 2-6-6-2. Then use a oil tender behind it. Southern Pacific did this with many articulated locomotives.
A Pennsy N1sa pulls a freight train past Frankford station.