My layout. by toptrain
Would a railroad split it's roundhouse so that two turntables were required? It seems unnecessarily complicated. The ones I have seen allow both sections to be served by a single turntable set between them.
** The F.M.Shaffer brewery is still in Milwakee and still makeing beer. Also shipping to the east cost by rail I hope.
frank
" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!!
Yes about the roundhouses being split. Like on this layout. If i try to join the roundhouses into one. They will not fit. The yard entrance track behind the roundhouses would have to be removed. The three section roundhouse will not stay where it is. It will rotate to a new home clockwise to a spot where it is closer to the larger one. that will give me two storage tracks that will accept large articulating locomotives. They will be able to run straight across the turn table onto these tracks. i cant bring them together but will leave at least three storage tracks between the roundhouses. I have to see what will fit. The roundhouses can now be tied together with a elevated pipe rack that would bring utilities across from the large to the small round house.
frank

I was thinking of takeing a Shafer 30 can case box and putting some windows, personel doors, and overhead door for a loading dock, and makeing it a Brewery building.
That way at a glance anyone can tell what is made there.
frank
This could be the advertising thing of the future. Everyones manufacturing building looking just like there shipping case. One problum is there would be alot of plain brown boxes.
I read an article a few years ago, this guy would have operating sessions on his incomplete layout. For switching industries, he would place items on the layout next to sidings that were already layed down to represent industries, such as a wrench for a tool company, a soup can for a soup company, a beer can for a brewery, cake mix box for a bakery. As he built the buildings, he would repalce the items.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
88, He sounds like a very good modler. Out by me in Orange, New Jersey was a Pabst Blue Ribon brewery. It had a huge beer bottle on its roof. In HO scale it would be a perfect size bottle. **** frank
The big turn where alot of my yard ends.

Looking towards the Yard ladder.

Looking the other way.

That is looking great!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
I finished the storage tracks in the turntable area. There are 21 of them.
frank

* Now this layout has main line trackage and a yard that has ballasted trackage. My yard is consideed a high speed bypass trackage. Everywhere else the track will be directly on the ground. Round house and service areas will look as what I have seen . I am building two ramps for now to allow locomotive movement and all non revenue cars and railroad deliveries to railroad maintance areas.

frank

Today is my play day. Did nothing but run some trains and see what fits. Kirbi's Bonn station, that is almost 39" long seams to fit. It shows nice along the outside track where most viewing is done from. Only the operators see from inside the table.
frank
A long look along the front of the table. There is room for another platform.

A look a little away from the table.

Another.

Really looking good! Thumbsup
MountainMan Wrote:Would a railroad split it's roundhouse so that two turntables were required? It seems unnecessarily complicated. The ones I have seen allow both sections to be served by a single turntable set between them.

Your comment reminded me of this these prototype photos seen on another forum...

[Image: 012imbwhhaswdkimp0665ih.png]

[Image: 1969Sept.jpg]

Its was in Germany...two intertwining TT's for one massive round house. Eek
Wowwwww! That's cool. I'm going to have to see if I can't find out more about that one!
Im jealous, seeing all that track-laying going on is really making me wanna start another layout! Good work and nice progress Thumbsup Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Wow. Great progress Frank. It looks fantastic, and the photo along the front of the layout is very impressive, If that is the first view you get as you approach the layout you have an entry statement par excellence. 2285_

Jack 219
LIFE....
..... Abandon the search for truth
Look for a good fantasy