Country musings, or Green Acres revisited...
Those of you who are among the GERN modellers here are familiar with the various ads and documents which flow, intermittently, from the computer of my brother Steven. While this has nothing to do with GERN, I thought that some might also get a kick out of this take-off on small-town newspapers, with the emphasis on "small". Wink Misngth

Wayne

[Image: HaroldGleaner.jpg]
Well, the first time I went through Shallow Lake was on the train -- a UCRS excursion with John Diefenbaker, no less.
We run through both Shallow Lake and Hepworth on the way to the lake (guess which one!) and we pass through Clavering occasionally (like last weekend).
It's nice to see local news; the Echo and the Sun-Times tend to ignore the area unless someone from the city gets a speeding ticket; the Star and the Globe probably couldn't even locate them.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
You're right, David, especially about the Wiarton Echo: I remember as a kid our family often visited relatives at both Park Head and Hepworth and on at least one occasion, the visit was mentioned in the newspaper. Eek
Many of the names which I use for the LPBs on my layout are based on characters from the area, and both Park Head and Shallow Lake will be represented on the second level of my layout, although only in name.

Wayne
Great read - thanks for sharing!

Ian Wilson has a picture of the Park Head station in the 1950s in one of his "Steam..." books. I don't recall the exact date, but it seems by the 1950s, station and freight shed were reduced to former passenger car and box car respectively.

Andrew