Finally A place for a Railroad!!
20x30'! Man i wish i had that LOL How much space will you have leftover for a layout? Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
FiatFan Wrote:Looks like a nice back yard for building your outdoor layout also.

Tom

No outdoor layout---------BUT---- I will finally have a place to bury my model building mistakes ! 35
Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!
Trucklover Wrote:20x30'! Man i wish i had that LOL How much space will you have leftover for a layout? Misngth

How much room do you figure it will take to be able to walk in the basement? The rest can be layout! Cheers
Who-ah! That is a great basement!!! Boy, what I'd give to have a space like that!!! Wait a minute, I don't have anything to give!! Where abouts in CO. are you moving to??
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
Congrats! Looking forward to the build Cheers
sgtcarl1 Wrote:Who-ah! That is a great basement!!! Boy, what I'd give to have a space like that!!! Wait a minute, I don't have anything to give!! Where abouts in CO. are you moving to??

Greeley ------actually Evans but it is kinda -sorta part of greeley.
Congrats Dave! Thumbsup
Well RATSS !!!

Looks like it will be a bit -- at least aYEAR or so before I can go to Colorado!!! I had to pass on this house but will look for something else later hopefully as good.

I HAVE to stay in LV & continue to work for a while --- My exwife is covered under my health insurance & she recently got very sick --- so I have to stay working OR she has NO coverage.
Nuts, but it's what I have to do, untill my ex gets old enough to get on medicare & SS.
Dear Dave,
I'm sorry about your setback, and hope your ex makes a full and complete recovery. It is tough to be at the in-between age.
My wife retired with me, but can't draw Medicare for 3 more years, and the premium for here alone is a pretty package and is $5000 Deductible
Charlie
She has pretty bad emphazema & is on O2 for it--- she will probably improve but not recover fully. Several years back I set her up as a "domestic partner" -- Nevada has a law that allows that . She never needed much medical till recently & now could not get any other coverage even if she wanted to. She had to quit her job, which had no coverage anyway & the doofus she lives with does not work at all!! At least for now she can cover her living costs-- hope that continues~!!
As you know I did not get to go when I thought I could a few years back & the house I was hoping for fell thru. NOW THE NEW house IS BOUGHT and my son and grandaughter are already in it. Here are some pics.

This shows the entrance to the soon to be hobby romm over the garage.

Next pic is THE MOST important reason for the move --- Anna Lynn --My 4 year old Grandaughter -- she already promised to teach me how to fish and to put squiggly worms on my hook if they scare me! AM I LUCKY or what?

I have one more picture of my soon to be new abode .
This one should show pretty clear how the house is situated- - The garage is seperate and about 30 X 40 -- with an unfinished space above --- that will be a hobby work shop and layout room . It has it's entrance in the back as one pic shows.

The house itself has an apt. in the basement portion --thats where I will bunk!
Also the town I am going to just provided an old railroad station to the local railroad club for a club layout --- kind of like heaven -- Huh!??
That looks like a paradise Thumbsup It is so beautiful and remote. How far is it to next supermarket etc.?

Is she already collecting raw material to make trees in the winter Wink
Reinhard
The Town of Granby is a Statutory Town that is the most populous town in Grand County, Colorado, United States. Granby is situated along U.S. Highway 40 in Middle Park about 85 miles (137 km) west of Denver, Colorado, southwest of Rocky Mountain National Park. According to the population finder off the Census Bureau's website, in 2009, the town had a total population of 1,663. Altitude where the house is is about 9000 Ft. About 2 -3 miles to Granby.

I don't think there will be a real supermarket much closer than Denver! Gonna take a bit of adjusting --- one nice thing considering , Gramby just built a new hospital.

My wife and I have been last year in that area. The nature is impressive and we thought how might be living in one of those beautiful remote houses. Main concern of my wife is how to get out of the house (and back) for shopping at the next grocery store in winter with all that deep snow. You will tell us in some month Wink
I wish you a pleasant living!
Reinhard