A Diorama for Jessica
Russ Bellinis Wrote:
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:damn, i can't snooze, lol. It was my girlfriend's birthday back in october. she loves horses, so i put together a little scene for her. it was nice, but not as elaborate as yours. somehow, it still cost me an arm and a leg to make though (and a good portion of my sanity. those horse figures WON'T STAND!).

good luck with that

If the horse figures are plastic, put a wire in one leg and drill a hole to fit in the base where you want it to stand.

I actually cut REALLY thin tiny strips of clear plastic and glued them to the feet. it does the job, and surprisingly, you can't really see it, even looking right at the feet. I'd post pics, but that's for another thread, lol.

No need for wire or permanent mounting.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
sgtcarl1 Wrote:Josh,
Looks good, as usual!! Didn't know you had a second job?? What are you doing?? I'm happy to learn you have a new job!! Best of luck!!

Thanks Carl Misngth

Im working for Con-Way Freight now which is my second job. It has me working 9-12 hour days with the holiday season, LOTS of freight being moved in the US and Canada
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
TrainNut Wrote:Looking good Josh.
A suggestion... get one of them backdrops from Walthers (I think), glue it with Photomount to a piece of blue foam and use it as a backdrop for your pictures. It will make a world of difference!

Thanks TN Misngth

You are right, i do desperately need one of those Walthers Backdrops. I think ill get one on my next order lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:damn, i can't snooze, lol. It was my girlfriend's birthday back in october. she loves horses, so i put together a little scene for her. it was nice, but not as elaborate as yours. somehow, it still cost me an arm and a leg to make though (and a good portion of my sanity. those horse figures WON'T STAND!).

good luck with that

LOL thats weird, my girlfriend loves Horses as well, but no horses on this diorama. Shhhh dont tell her they make HO scale horses Eek
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
I have another update to post. I have been working for a bit after i get off work at night, and well this is where im at now.

I have weathered the street, added in the sidewalk and driveway for the house under construction and finished placing the 3 street lights. I also added the grass in between the curb and the sidewalk. Painted "patches" on the street to show where they have already dug and completed the work for the new house. I also opened a hole in the street and placed a pipe in there to show the sewer line being worked on. A large stack of rusty pipes was glued down next to the barriers, and some cones glued in place to show the construction area. A Mini-Excavator sits next to the hole. Construction Workers will fill the scene when things get closer to completion with the diorama. A UPS truck sits outside the little pink house delivering the little boys birthday present from a family member overseas. 4 Trees have been added temporarily, new trees are on order, as well as a Noch tree with a Tree House. The figures and details in the backyard will be added in when the Construction Workers are placed. Below are some pics of the recent work

[Image: SL373609.jpg]

[Image: SL373610.jpg]

[Image: SL373611.jpg]

[Image: SL373612.jpg]

[Image: SL373613.jpg]

[Image: SL373614.jpg]

[Image: SL373615.jpg]

[Image: SL373616.jpg]

[Image: SL373618.jpg]

[Image: SL373619.jpg]

[Image: SL373620.jpg]

[Image: SL373621.jpg]

More to come soon, so stay tuned. In the meantime, questions, comments, suggestions always welcome
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Looking good so far! Really like the detail on the street
-Steven-

The Zealot progress thread: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112267">http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112267</a><!-- m -->
The current progress thread: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=923">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=923</a><!-- l -->
wow, that's getting intense. that's a crazy gift right there.
Modeling New Jersey Under the Wire 1978-1979.  
[Image: logosmall.png]
Hey, Josh, where'd you get that background photo of the ore dock and the ore ship? I like it!!!
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
viperman Wrote:Looking good so far! Really like the detail on the street

Green_Elite_Cab Wrote:wow, that's getting intense. that's a crazy gift right there.

Thanks Steven and Chris Misngth

Got off work early today, so going to try and get some more work done on it lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
sgtcarl1 Wrote:Hey, Josh, where'd you get that background photo of the ore dock and the ore ship? I like it!!!

LOL the ore dock in the background is the Ore Dock Box. I have 5 of them sitting over there... It does make a decent background though lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
WOW!! For a minute there, I thought you had "borrowed" one of my ore dock photos I took this past year!! If you need some photos, I'll be happy to send them to you!!
sgtcarl1 Wrote:WOW!! For a minute there, I thought you had "borrowed" one of my ore dock photos I took this past year!! If you need some photos, I'll be happy to send them to you!!

LOL I would love to see some pics of the Ore Dock. I have a 12 1/2' Ore Dock planned for my future Steel Mill layout, so reference photos would be awesome!! Misngth You can send them to my personal email which is <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedteelmillmodeler@aol.com">steelmillmodeler@aol.com</a><!-- e -->
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Will do!!!
Really nice job!!! I like the curbing and grass along the street. Really nice.

(What's that I hear in the background..."Oh Josh you did such a great job. I'd like are real house just like that one...wouldn't you?"...followed by eye blinks with a come-hither look. Face it dude - you're toast. Nice modeling - but unfortunately you've just shown your girlfriend what greatness you're capable of...and soon she'll be asking for the 1:1 real thing. My advice, find a realtor.)

((I'm just kidding you bud.))
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Coming along very nicely, where;s the white picket fence?
Lynn

New Adventure <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://bigbluetrains.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245">viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9245</a><!-- l -->

Great White North
Ontario,Canada