A Diorama for Jessica
Herc Driver Wrote:Really nice job!!! I like the curbing and grass along the street. Really nice.

(What's that I hear in the background..."Oh Josh you did such a great job. I'd like are real house just like that one...wouldn't you?"...followed by eye blinks with a come-hither look. Face it dude - you're toast. Nice modeling - but unfortunately you've just shown your girlfriend what greatness you're capable of...and soon she'll be asking for the 1:1 real thing. My advice, find a realtor.)

((I'm just kidding you bud.))

LMAO, you know this is going to end up happening one day, and im going to look back on this and owe it to you for calling it a couple years in advance Misngth

Thanks for all the compliments Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
LynnB Wrote:Coming along very nicely, where;s the white picket fence?

Thank you Lynn, no white picket fence on this one, although i think it would have looked great, i went with black wrought iron fencing Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Well its been a long while since I posted progress on this, and well I nearly finished it lol. All that is left to do is add the wood stickers under the pre-fab wall panels so there not just sitting on the floor. And well, Ill let the pictures speak for themselves Big Grin

[Image: SL373712.jpg]

[Image: SL373713.jpg]

[Image: SL373714.jpg]

[Image: SL373715.jpg]

[Image: SL373716.jpg]

[Image: SL373717.jpg]

[Image: SL373719.jpg]

[Image: SL373721.jpg]

[Image: SL373722.jpg]

[Image: SL373723.jpg]

[Image: SL373724.jpg]

[Image: SL373725.jpg]

[Image: SL373726.jpg]

[Image: SL373727.jpg]

[Image: SL373728.jpg]

[Image: SL373729.jpg]

[Image: SL373730.jpg]

[Image: SL373731.jpg]

[Image: SL373732.jpg]

[Image: SL373733.jpg]

[Image: SL373734.jpg]

[Image: SL373735.jpg]

[Image: SL373736.jpg]

[Image: SL373737.jpg]

[Image: SL373738.jpg]

[Image: SL373739.jpg]

[Image: SL373740.jpg]

[Image: SL373742.jpg]

[Image: SL373743.jpg]

[Image: SL373744.jpg]

[Image: SL373746.jpg]

[Image: SL373747.jpg]

[Image: SL373748.jpg]

[Image: SL373749.jpg]

[Image: SL373750.jpg]

[Image: SL373751.jpg]

[Image: SL373753.jpg]

[Image: SL373754.jpg]

[Image: SL373756.jpg]
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Well I just noticed that a few of the pics came out pretty dang blurry lol. Ill leave them anyways :oops:

The last thing that will be done for now is surrounding the diorama in plexi-glass, which I already have gotten. Will report back when that is finished, and then again when its all the wall and wired up with the power source for the lights :mrgreen:
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
WOW, Josh! You have really outdone yourself Worship Worship Worship . I hope she’ll like it as much asI do!
Kurt
cnw1961 Wrote:WOW, Josh! You have really outdone yourself Worship Worship Worship . I hope she’ll like it as much asI do!

hehe thank you Kurt Misngth The pictures have been re-sized to show the whole picture now Misngth

I think she will like it, After i surround it in plexi-glass, im going to wrap it and give it to her for Christmas where she can open it at her grandmas house so her whole family can see it. I have a feeling im going to be asked alot of questions because none of them have ever seen the modeling before Eek
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Nice work!
Man, someone stop that dog! Looks like he's getting every fire hydrant!

Attached Files Image(s)

Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Nice work!

LMAO Thanks for the picture Ed, I think i saw this house down the street, it seems hes on a mission to hit every fire hydrant Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Trucklover Wrote:
eightyeightfan1 Wrote:Nice work!

LMAO Thanks for the picture Ed, I think i saw this house down the street, it seems hes on a mission to hit every fire hydrant Misngth

Nice work, Josh, but let's hope that no one offers a model of that big dog "doin' the hunchback" on somebody's lawn, or that excavator will have to follow him down the street. Icon_lol

Wayne
Really great job! That looks like a pretty good party going at that house. And a very typical and tru-to-life construction scene...lots of guys standing and pointing, very few working!

(What are you thinking?!?!? You're going to show her a Waltons Family-like gathering, with a yard full of kids, and nice cars in the driveway? What part of "get a realtor" did you not clue into? You might as well get your realtor's license now, that way you can start looking for that house now, and pay yourself the commission. And you're going to give it to her at her family's house!!! Now THAT is planning. Get ready to be promoted to THE number one guy in the race for their little girl. Start making ring payments now, and get ready for family to allow you to call them by their first names...with a "welcome to the family Josh". Oh...you're going to be asked a lot of questions alright...and they're all going to on the subject of your future, not about your modeling.)

Icon_lol (I'm just kidding ya!)

Seriously...you've done a great job and it's a wonderful thing that you found a girl who supports and has fun with what you do. What a great Christmas idea and present. Hope everything turns out great! Well done. Cheers
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I love it! So many fun and interesting things to look at and discover. VERY nicely done!!!!
Ralph
Nice work! Thumbsup Thumbsup

I think that everyone (not just Jessica) will be astounded, especially since they've not seen your modelling skills before...!

Andrew
Josh you are a VERY talented modeler. You definitely have an eye for realism and detail to make a realistic scene. I have always been impressed with your ambition to accurately model not just trains and train related buildings, but streets, trucks, houses, etc. even when they are not specifically (or even remotely) related to or located near the railroad.

You do realize, of course, that you are giving your girlfriend an open invitation to join you on model train night? Yeah, once you give her the diorama (that she has no space to keep at home) you'll be incorporating it into your new M&ET somewhere and she'll be coming over on train night. Of course, I realize, this might be the hidden agenda and I can respect that, if you want her company and want her to be involved, good tactic! Sometimes I wish my wife would "play trains" with me, but that will never happpen!
-Dave
Hey, Josh!! That is some diorama you've got, there, buddy!!! Great work, as usual!! What a party that must have been!! Maybe you ought to check into becoming an architectural modeler!! Developers are always looking for someone to build models of their building designs!! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
Nice work! Great construction diorama! er, I mean, pink house diorama :? Icon_lol

Not to be the negative nellie ('cause I bet I'm not the only one wondering this), but how prepared are you to leave this behind if/when things don't work out one day? Just speaking from a bad personal experience here. That's a LOT of effort. You have done an outstanding job creating a little slice of suburban reality in miniature.

Any plans to photograph this outdoors and send it in to a magazine? You really should think about it.

Again, nice work! Cheers

Galen
I may not be a rivet counter, but I sure do like rivets!