Casting a stone wall.
Thanks guys...And Kevin your wall is very good even with all that "snow" on the ground above it. Makes me think what 's coming here this weekend. 14 inches or so...sheeeesh.

This next section is a little photo intensive. After lunch I scribed the other side of the wall and began the colorization process. I mixed a very thin wash of H20 and cheap light gray acrylic paint and brushed that on. Then mixed progressively darker shades of the same wash until I was satisfied. I waited about 5 minutes or so between each wash to let it soak in and dry.

[Image: 007.jpg]

[Image: 008-1.jpg]

[Image: 009-1.jpg]

Then I took some darker gray and a brown and with a fine point brush, straight out of the bottle, colored random stones.

[Image: 010.jpg]

[Image: 011-1.jpg]

Next step was to dry brush plain white over the entire wall to blend and tone down the brightness of the randomly painted stones...I also dry brushed an earth brown all around the bottom edge to simulate mud spatters from rainfall.

[Image: 012.jpg]

[Image: 013.jpg]

Then a wash of india ink/alcohol to weather the whole thing. And what wall wouldn't be complete without a few vines and random greenery climbing it...

[Image: 014.jpg]

[Image: 015.jpg]

Lastly, here it is placed temporarily in it's new home. I will now commence working on the other 2 sections to border the rest of the property. All in all despite some rather annoying plaster issues in the beginning this has been a fun project!

[Image: 016.jpg]

Matt
Nice job. All it needs is to have the ground built up around the wall so it sits in the ground instead of on top of the ground and you will have a really cool scene.
Thanks Russ! There is much to add yet for sure.....Now it's off to get the snowblower gassed up!!! (Darn ole groundhog anyhow. Can't believe he's a resident of our state!)

Matt