Univar Chemicals - can you model this?
Univar Chemical - supplier of industrial chemicals. I had photos of the front, but lost them. Hope to get more today and post them tonight.

Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Gary S Wrote:Univar Chemical - supplier of industrial chemicals. I had photos of the front, but lost them. Hope to get more today and post them tonight.

Why do you need photos of the front? All the interesting parts are in the photos you already supplied! Wink Big Grin

Great stuff.

Andrew
I agree Andrew. Us folks with the shelf layouts only need the railroad side!

I was just thinking that someone may want to see the front, the truck loading docks, and the signs and such.
Ooooo this is another good one Gary!! I can see this one being modeled fairly easily with either a Walthers Cornerstone kit or a Pikestuff structure kit, and a few of the Walthers Cornerstone details like the oil unloading rack, storage tanks, and piping kits Misngth

Bookmarked this one as well lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Thanks Josh. I hope these photos will be of use for folks who don't have easy access to industries. I like this one very much as well, and will probably model it once I get back to the layout.

Also, if anyone wants closer detail shots, or whatever, let me know and i'll do my best to get them.
Interesting detail:
Loading dock doors converted to vents. Possible "previously used as" industry.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
88, looks like they shipped by rail at one time, but now by truck. So, chemicals in tank cars come in, they mix up whatever chemical they make, put it in 55 gallon drums and other containers, and ship by truck.

Here are the rest of the photos. As Andrew said, they are not near as interesting as the railroad side.

Man...Homeland Security is gonna be knocking on yer door before you know it. Taking pictures of a plastics maker, chemical shipper and a pipe coating shop...smells like trouble to me. (not sure how that last one fits in but just go with it...) Confusedhock:

Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol Icon_lol
The connection is that the pipe is used in the refineries....
Great pictures Gary---when I first looked at them,I thought they were from one of Kurt's scenes 357
Gary,Keep these "Industries You Can Model" topics coming! Thumbsup

I really think its a great idea..

Now,as far as the chemical company I would use Pike Stuff kit for the main building along the backdrop(about 2-3" depth should look about right) and focus on the tank car loading area.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie, as long as y'all have the interest, there are plenty of industries around here for me to post. I think it is a good idea, in that it gives some visuals for those modelers who don't have ready access to an industrial park like I do. Of course, it also makes it convenient for me... if I decide I want to model a particular industry I have posted, then all I have to do is log on to the Gauge!
Gary,Not to get to far off topic but,I found those Bing maps to be a priceless research tool...I think Mikey first mention them in chat one night and I checked the maps out the next day and fell in love with the "bird's eye view" feature of these maps.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Brakie Wrote:Gary,Not to get to far off topic but,I found those Bing maps to be a priceless research tool...I think Mikey first mention them in chat one night and I checked the maps out the next day and fell in love with the "bird's eye view" feature of these maps.

Larry, I assume most of use are using the birds view and street view to explore new areas. The exceptional value of Gary's photos are the details you need to see to make a "box" a "building". That is especially true if you do not live in the USA and depend on such information. There is a very special situation with this modern profane industrial buildings. They are so very much profane nobody makes photos of them. It is no problem to get thousands of photos of the golden gate bridge and of the big boy here in Germany. But simple industrial buildings and their details are really rare stuff. That is the reason why Gary is of such much value to me and lots of others.

I did just reread my post and it might sound a little bit harsh. It was not my intention to object Larry's recommendation of bing etc. I just wanted to point out why the details of this buildings are so very much welcome. Sorry again Big Grin
Reinhard
Okay, how about a link to this "bing" thing?