RiceTec 2
There are/were alot of rice farms down here in southeast Texas. This industry processed the rice. I haven't actually seen any rollingstock at the place, but there obviously was rail traffic at one time. The structure was damaged by Hurricane Ike, and it appears that extensive repairs have been made, although the place appears abandoned. There was alot of equipment from inside the buildings laying around the outside, large drums, hoppers, equipment. They may be in the process of getting it back into working order after the hurricane, but again, they may be in the process of dismantling everything.

Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times

WOW, that is another cool industry. Thank you for the pics, Gary. Now if I only had the space to model it ...
Kurt
Looks to me like they're hauling stuff out to sell as scrap..... Nope
Gus (LC&P).
Neat looking industry, Gary. I'm not sure why, but I especially like that track slicing through between the buildings. Wink Misngth
[Image: Freightcarphotosandlayoutviews019.jpg]

Wayne
Gary,That is a nice industry..

However..I don't know of any building that could be used for the main plant so,one would need to scratchbuild or find a kit or kits for 'bashin' that suits their taste.

Like I mention I am enjoying these "industries you can model "topics.Even if one doesn't want to model a given industry the industry could be used on our waybills.

This industry information is priceless.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Thank you Brakie, and I'm glad that some of the forum residents are enjoying the photos. I'm certainly going to be modeling some of these. Now, about building some of them, I need a cheap source of styrene molded as corrugated metal siding and some that is cinderblock. Anyone know where I can get this stuff CHEAP??

DocWayne, there are quite a few of those curved spurs with the building built to fit them here in the Houston area. There are only a couple in the 2 industrial parks I have been taking photos of. The industry in this thread isn't actually in my 2 industrial parks. It is in Alvin, Texas, which is about 15 minutes from where I live. My daughter was getting her drivers license ( Confusedhock: ) the other day, so I met my wife and daughter at the DPS so I could sign some papers. Then I drove around town looking at the rails.
Keep it comimg, Gary!! I'm having a blast looking at them!!
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
Will do, Carl!
That's a unique looking industry. Just begging to be modeled. I'm with Wayne on how good tracks look cutting through the complex.
Ralph
Wayne, that structure of yours has to be my absolute favorite. I also love seeing the spur cut through the building like that. Has a nice visual appeal to it.