Marlpost Redux
Hi Gary,

I did not get to the west wall/backdrop today. Kids' music recital and other family things took more time than anticpated. However I did decide what to do about the ceiling and lights Smile

Sharp eyes to see the flag. It's a circa 1930s Union Jack that I got at an antique shop many years ago for $10. Nice old flag sown from individual panels, not printed the way they are today.

Andrew
Andrew, I thought that was what it was. Very cool.

Any more progress?
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Gary S Wrote:Andrew, I thought that was what it was. Very cool.

Any more progress?

No visible progress...! I have however, been tweaking the layout plan, and also will pick up some plywood and light fixtures to make the ceiling more presentable. Hopefully can get at least the lights at lunch today.

Andrew
Newsflash:

Lights are in the trunk of my car...! Wink

Andrew
MasonJar Wrote:Lights are in the trunk of my car...!

Now all you need is an electrician! Wink
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
That looks like an awesome "man cave" you've got there. It's neat to hear that your still making some progress.
Thanks guys. The encouragement is great!

As for the installation, I have to get a ceiling of sorts up. I was thinking 1/4" ply, painted with the same sky blue paint as the walls. But I saw some 1/8" hardboard that is already painted white at $10/sheet. It will not support the lights, so I'll have to put in some blocking behind it in the right places for the lights, but that should not be hard.

Tonight I hope to get some of the "accumulation" out of the ceiling and sort it into "stuff" and "junk" using the following rule of thumb...

"Junk is stuff you throw away, stuff is junk you keep" Wink Big Grin Icon_lol

Wish me luck - I am a notorious (according to my wife) pack rat.

Andrew