For Charlie(And Others)B&M Drop Bottom Gon Detail
Here's some detail pics of B&M Drop Bottom Gondola WC610.
Side view show the bottom latches.

Close up view of one of the latches.

Poling pocket detail.

Underframe detail. Note the rivet construction.

Info plate showing(I'm guessing) brake rod lengths or rod lengths for the bottom latches. Note the "50 Ton Gon" marking.

Brake wheel. The far one is the B&M's. Near one is from the PC gon coupled to it.

The last picture also shows the different type of construction between the PC unit and the B&M unit. The PC unit's end looks like it was stamped in one piece, where as the B&M unit is riveted.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
The bottom dump is very interesting, and the ends are unique too, one car has an Ajax hand brake and the PC looks like a Minor (maybe spelled wrong) from what I can see. Hand brakes get changed over the years though. My caboose has Ajax on one end and Minor on the other.
Charlie
Excellent detail pics, thanks!! I'm sure I'll be able to use that information in the not too distant future. Thumbsup
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Thanks guys.........Couple more.....
Damage on one end. Something hit this end hard enough to crack the steel and pop rivets.

Maybe it was in a wreck as it had two different trucks, as told by the cast dates on the frames.

Of course, I forgot to note which end of the newer truck was on.
Built date of 1953

Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.