Some new layout pictures
I have been doing some work on my layout lately that involved making some changes that would increase switching possibilities.
The first picture (although not involved with any switching) shows what is left of the U&A Supply Co. after an explosion blew the place apart. The explosion was found to be of a suspicious nature and the court found the owners guilty of insurance fraud.They are now in jail. Icon_lol
[Image: layout001.jpg]

The next two pictures are additions I made to the Pallet factory.
First is a brick storage shed that I made to hold finished pallets.
Second picture was inspired by a suggestion made by another member in the operations thread.He suggested adding restrictions to an area involving switching.
What I did was to take an abandoned building that I had on the layout and take it apart.I then made this addition.Lumber loads are put inside and unloaded directly into the plant. Now the diesel cannot go past the entrance so idler flat(s) will bve needed to pull out the flat car and wood chip car.
[Image: layout004-1.jpg]
[Image: layout003-1.jpg]
Lastly is my newest building.It is food distribution facility.It gets dry goods,produce and meat.I am still i the process of adding details.
[Image: layout002.jpg]
Enjoy
Bob
I like the loading dock scene in the last photo. Lots of goodies on it. Keep up the good work.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
I definitely agree that the loading scene in the last photo is great. You are putting together a busy industrial scene - I like it. But I am curious how a derailment left a flat car upside down on the highway overpass Icon_lol Eek :?:

PS - you do a really sharp job with your various fences.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Great Pictures Bob! Im really liking the work on the Pallet and Produce Structure, the loading dock is looking awesome, and Im sure with the addition of a few more details, it will look top notch and like a typical busy dock!

I noticed the flat car on the roof as well, did you forget it was up there when snapping the pics? Icon_lol

And it looks like that U&A Supply has seen a rather large explosion, and now that the owners were convicted of Insurance Fraud, whats going to happen? I dont think anyone is going to want to buy a building that has been partially demolished Eek Icon_lol
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
My guess is that the car on the overpass is related to the explosion. It was such a powerful blast, it blew that thing right up there. If not that, then it must'a been a tornado!
Thanks for the comments everyone. I really appreciate them.
As far as the upside down car on the overpass is concerned,I knew it was there.There were others that I put there because I was in the process of installing air hoses on the cars and put them upside down to dry.
As for the U&A building goes,there are no plans for it right now,but perhaps someday the property will go up for sale and another building erected.Only time will tell.
Kevin-Thanks for the comment on the fence.The construction went pretty quick once I made a jig for it.Besides I was never satisfied with a lot of the commercially available fence. I've even made fence that replicated sheet metal.
Bob