The New Admin's Credentials
For those of you who might be interested, there is a link to the professional credentias of "sanjay", the new admin at the old forum. A very impressive business resume, but he says he has never done any modeling.

His position is that CG will "host" the forum.
Just to bring anyone up to date, Sanjay is the CEO of CG, and as you can tell by his responses over there, an honorable man. His background is impressive and I'm sure he'll put together a good crew to run the train forums on Zealot. We are pleased that most people that come over from there are still posting in both places, and we are exceptionally pleased that we were able to see so many of our old friends come back after leaving us over the years.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Wow. Weird conversation over there, MM.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Frankly I can't believe the change in only a week. I thought with every one staying both places it wouldn't change much, but boy was I wrong. It isn't bad, it's just not the same, and posting there is not fun or useful any more.
Charlie
You could shoot a cannon down the hallway over there and not worry about hitting anyone!

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)
Yeah, I have to agree with Tom. It seems pretty dead over there all of a sudden.
Mike
Yeah its a bit dead, I posred some more pictures of the progress on the 40 Ford for the junk yard( cause I have not found out to post them here :? :oops: ) and NO ONE has even looked at them , they look pretty good too! 2285_
Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!
Dave Harris sctchbld Wrote:Yeah its a bit dead, I posred some more pictures of the progress on the 40 Ford for the junk yard( cause I have not found out to post them here :? :oops: ) and NO ONE has even looked at them , they look pretty good too! 2285_
Post pics here is easy. When you are composing your post, go to the bottom of the page and there's a tab marked, "upload attachments". Click it and the procedure is basically the same as you are use to.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
Charlie B Wrote:Frankly I can't believe the change in only a week. I thought with every one staying both places it wouldn't change much, but boy was I wrong. It isn't bad, it's just not the same, and posting there is not fun or useful any more.
Charlie

I was over there on the way here and I swear I could hear the chirping of crickets and the croaking of bullfrogs.

I did find and answer a question in the HO forum..

I never thought it would seen a mass slow down in a week's time.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
Quote:Yeah, I have to agree with Tom. It seems pretty dead over there all of a sudden.

Unintentional, perversely rewarding, but unintentional. Icon_twisted Thumbsup Icon_twisted
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
nachoman Wrote:Wow. Weird conversation over there, MM.

Yes, it was. I posted the link to Sanjay's credentials because I thought it would be of interest to the group. Mu brief contact with him so far has been positive. I did ask him if he was a modeler and he replied that he was not. Some of us were curious to know if the new administrator was going to be a modeler or a business man. To avoid any discussion or dissension, I stopped posting in the General Section after that - unless there is humor involved! I do most of my visiting currently in the Logging and Mining Section, following the fantastic lumber railroad of DoctorG.

I still enjoy that forum, but it is quite clear that the majority of members present now are not the ones I knew, and there is a different "feel" to it.
Dave Harris sctchbld Wrote:Yeah its a bit dead, I posred some more pictures of the progress on the 40 Ford for the junk yard( cause I have not found out to post them here :? :oops: ) and NO ONE has even looked at them , they look pretty good too! 2285_

Where did you post them. I'll look at them today! Thumbsup

I find posting easier here than it was, since I do not have to go through a site like Photobucket - I can upload direct from my computer. Of course, that means having to wait until Sprint finds out why my digital pics keep disappearing... Shoot
MountainMan Wrote:
nachoman Wrote:Wow. Weird conversation over there, MM.

Yes, it was. I posted the link to Sanjay's credentials because I thought it would be of interest to the group. Mu brief contact with him so far has been positive. I did ask him if he was a modeler and he replied that he was not. Some of us were curious to know if the new administrator was going to be a modeler or a business man. To avoid any discussion or dissension, I stopped posting in the General Section after that - unless there is humor involved! I do most of my visiting currently in the Logging and Mining Section, following the fantastic lumber railroad of DoctorG.

I still enjoy that forum, but it is quite clear that the majority of members present now are not the ones I knew, and there is a different "feel" to it.

The one part of that conversation that is especially weird and thought-provoking, is that our conversations are actually worth something to someone. That just feels weird. I don't think Sanjay understood that comment - but think of it this way:

Crowdgather would very much like people to remain over there, have as many members as possible, and have members who post often. Why? They make money off of the site through advertisement. If everyone left, they have no traffic, and the site becomes unprofitable. Likely, it would either be sold again or closed down entirely. In other words, our forum activity (posting and answering questions) makes them money. The tradeoff is that we get a "free" forum.

I never had a big problem with ads as a means of supporting a site. But it seemed that the ads over there became more and more bizzare and unrelated to model activites. If the ad was for an online model railroad shop, or walthers, etc, it would be tolerable, and maybe welcomed. But instead, I saw ads for things such as dating services(!) The other thing about ads, is they slow down the page loading, and bog down your connection.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
ezdays Wrote:
Post pics here is easy. When you are composing your post, go to the bottom of the page and there's a tab marked, "upload attachments". Click it and the procedure is basically the same as you are use to.

Thanks Don !! As you can see by all the wrecked cars I posted --IT WORKS!!
MountainMan Wrote:

Where did you post them. I'll look at them today! Thumbsup

I find posting easier here than it was, since I do not have to go through a site like Photobucket - I can upload direct from my computer. Of course, that means having to wait until Sprint finds out why my digital pics keep disappearing... Shoot

They are here now in the shutter bug section over at the old neighborhood in the photo & scenery or is weathering? section under the vehicle thread.