We need a GERN thread
I’d like to ask the CEO of GERN Industries Wink to start a new thread here on the Big Blue. I have an announcement to make and I need a # for a covered hopper.
Kurt
I never got around to asking before, but what is the deal with GERN?
GERN is a fictous industry and it is fun. You find all that is to know about it here in this post by Wayne: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.the-gauge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=280#p2821">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=280#p2821</a><!-- l -->
Kurt
GERN manufactures flux in industrial, medicinal and domestic grades. It makes everything run 3% better.

Attached Files Image(s)

David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
BR60103 Wrote:GERN manufactures flux in industrial, medicinal and domestic grades. It makes everything run 3% better.

As in "Got Flux?" :? And what's with the carload of giant potatoes? Let me guess...raw materials for "flux"...
MountainMan Wrote:As in "Got Flux?" :? And what's with the carload of giant potatoes? Let me guess...raw materials for "flux"...

Or even possibly as in "Get Fluxed!" Eek Misngth And, if I'm not mistaken, those aren't potatoes, they're haggis (haggi?).
If you want to learn a little more about GERN, here's a LINK to a thread in the Industries Forum.

Wayne
That is the Perth plant of the worldwide GERN Industries. Yes, the green wagon contains the workers' lunch -- haggis from the Wat & Son Haggis Mines. The other wagon contains coal fro the plant - large smooth Welsh cobbles - while the middle one contains bags of flux but they can't be seen.

(I have a collection of historic GERN ads in the files, but they're too large to upload.)

Attached Files Image(s)

David
Moderato ma non troppo
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Haggis????
Isn't that something the Scots eat?? I didn't know it was from mines!! It must have a "mine" of it's own! Icon_lol
I only know what I know, and I don't understand very much of it, either.
Member: AEA, American Legion, Lions Club International
Motto: "Essayons"
BR60103 Wrote:That is the Perth plant of the worldwide GERN Industries. Yes, the green wagon contains the workers' lunch -- haggis from the Wat & Son Haggis Mines. The other wagon contains coal fro the plant - large smooth Welsh cobbles - while the middle one contains bags of flux but they can't be seen.

(I have a collection of historic GERN ads in the files, but they're too large to upload.)

Looks like a carload of black olives...haggis, BTW, begins with sheep stomachs. Funny stuff to be "mining". Wink

Let me guess - all of your GERN ads are 3% larger than the upload limits? 8-)
Well, there are places where they tell you that haggis is porridge (oatmeal), flavoured with those bits of a sheep that even the English won't eat, and boiled in the sheep's stomach.
But that's just a story for the tourists so that they won't eat all of this delicacy before we get to it.
(The haggis are the the brown lumps in the green car. The black lumps in the grey car are coal.)
David
Moderato ma non troppo
David, there is something the english WON'T eat? Um ok Wink Icon_lol Icon_lol
I thought they only had two foods types anyhow there in Englang. Boiled and burnt Tongue Icon_lol 35
My name is Stephen and I want to give back to this great hobby.
So please pop over to my website and enjoy the free tutorials.
If you live near me maybe we can share layouts. Smile
Have fun and God bless.
http://fsm1000.googlepages.com
Most Sassenachs know that the 'Haggis and Bagpipes' that the Scots lovingly refer to as food and music are in fact weapons of mass destruction. For over 2 thousand years England has been bombarded with these evil manifestations of highland cunning and consequently diligent patriotic Englishmen have been burying them deep in the bowels of the earth as there was no known technology to defuse them.

Who would have thought that GERN would provide the magic catalyst not only are they able to defuse haggis but there is now a growing demand for the stable product. Pity there is no cure for bagpipes yet.

Tony
lightbender Wrote:Pity there is no cure for bagpipes yet.

Tony
Ah, but it has already been demonstrated that bagpipes cured with GERN Flux sound 3% sweeter.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
I think we should have a GERN forum :mrgreen:
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Tony hey there. I LIKE bagpipes Sad

Icon_lol
My name is Stephen and I want to give back to this great hobby.
So please pop over to my website and enjoy the free tutorials.
If you live near me maybe we can share layouts. Smile
Have fun and God bless.
http://fsm1000.googlepages.com