The Quintessential Briefcase Layout
So I received a T gauge starter set from eBay yesterday and I've been debating what to do with it.
Today I was in a local junk shop browsing around with the wife and stumbled on an old, beat up documents case sitting in the corner.
*PING* The light came on.... Briefcase layout! ( I had half contemplated the idea before but didn't have a briefcase handy at the time.)
I bought it and brought it home. At 13.5 by 19.5 inches, there is just enough room for the track, some scenery and a space to cut out for the power pack.

So I opened up RTS and using N scale track, made my loop to give me a basis to work out a simple, one track layout.
(N scale halved is just about equivalent to T gauge. Not quite right but pretty close. Thanks to rmyers over at Talking T Gauge for that info.)
Then I threw it into Paintshop Pro to color it.
This is what I came up with.

The black areas on your left are for the controller and storage for cables. I may try to make some kind of box with a lid to fit in there in order to keep everything from falling out and bashing the layout when not in use. Or perhaps Velcro straps.
A forest in the upper left along with a house and barn with the field close by.
Bridge over river in the top middle. The river runs into the lake.
Of course the obligatory mountain with a tunnel over to your right.
And lower center is the train station in the middle of nowhere.... 357

Attached Files Image(s)

CANNONBALL
Baby likes to rock it like a boogie-woogie choo-choo train!
Very cool, would you still have room to store locos and stock in there too?
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
tomustang Wrote:Very cool, would you still have room to store locos and stock in there too?
There's room but I'm still working on a practical way to do it.
CANNONBALL
Looks neat. I'm still waiting on my one piece of flex track to get here. The volcano's probably got that all messed up.
TrainNut Wrote:Looks neat. I'm still waiting on my one piece of flex track to get here. The volcano's probably got that all messed up.
Quite possibly.
Sipping overseas seems to take forever anyway.

I also found TrainAidsA has the flexible track and is in the US.
This is the guy I bought my starter set from on eBay.<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.trainaidsa.com/shop-tgauge.shtml#tracks">http://www.trainaidsa.com/shop-tgauge.shtml#tracks</a><!-- m -->

Unfortunately, I didn't realize this until after I had posted the link for the UK store. 35
CANNONBALL
I don't mind waiting.