Is it just me...
OOPS! :oops: I just noticed that my previous post didn't make sense.

BR60103 Wrote:And every few weeks I go back and look at the former Gauge.

I wouldn't mind. Heck, you're no different than the rest of us. Might as well join in![/quote]

I just noticed that my post didn't make sense. Here is what it was supposed to say:

BR60103 Wrote:Would anyone actually want to hear more from me?

I wouldn't mind. Heck, you're no different than the rest of us. Might as well join in!
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Geez! I thought it was me! I was starting to be paranoid and gun-shy ... well, "post-shy." I was starting to feel like if I posted to a thread ... it was all over! No one else would have anything to say there! I'd come on here, and there had been no action on some threads since I had posted on them a week prior! Nope

You're sure it isn't me?! :oops:
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Bil, what you find on Big Blue are pretty much serious posters. We all read the posts, and when we have something worthwhile we will contribute, unlike a lot of forums where you get posts like "yes" "maybe" "I don't know" , etc. just so they get their post numbers up.
If I ask a question and don't get a reply it is for the simple reason that no one that has read the post has a good answer, although I will say that sometimes the new post list dwindles down pretty fast so you have to go to "view active topics"
Charlie
bil, don't be post-shy! Keep'em coming!

Although The Gauge isn't as large as some of the other forums, I just feel way more at home here than anywhere else. I hope you get to that point too.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
When someone asks a question or posts on something that I think I can answer or offer something constructive, I will contribute. Otherwise the only time I will post is if someone asks a question that I don't know the answer to, but I think someone else here might know and the post has gone to the second page of the forum it was posted on, I'll give it a "bump" as a courtesy to the original poster. In a couple of months when I finally have the opportunity to work on the layout that I have been planning for years waiting for the space to open up, I may have some questions to ask.
I like to give words of encouragement or constructive criticisms for people's projects, and I try to refrain from giving generic replies (all though it does happen Goldth ). People who post their modeling want feedback, as this encourages them to build more. And, I think most people would rather receive a simple thumbs up than nothing at all. For other questions or informative postings that I may not know the answer to, I try to post replies that help clarify or expand on the original question, offer the information I know that may be helpful to answering the question, or perhaps offer an educated guess. Sometimes that additional information is helpful to the person who does know the answer, or to other people who have similar questions. Sometimes the bits and pieces of knowledge from multiple people are needed to appropriately answer a question, and if we are shy about posing only the little bit that we know, then the question is never resolved.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
nachoman Wrote:People who post their modeling want feedback, as this encourages them to build more. And, I think most people would rather receive a simple thumbs up than nothing at all.
BINGO! My desire to continuously post picture updates and elaborate on techniques is in direct correlation to the amount of return thoughts, questions and comments I may or may not be so lucky to receive. Look at my layout thread... I used to put a lot of time into my posts. Only getting one or two comments back or even getting skunked makes you feel like your talking to a brick wall so why bother? If I didn't care about feedback, I'd update my layout with a blog instead.