Memorial Day
Have a pleasant, safe Memorial Day !

Please take a moment during your day of cook-outs, horse shoe pitching, softball games and family fun to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that the rest of us can live as free men (and women!) Icon_idea Thumbsup :arrow: Worship Worship Worship
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Although I'm at home for this year's rotation to Bagram, many of my squadron is deployed right now, flying missions all over Afghanistan. Remember them. They are everyday people...fathers, sons, daughters, mothers. They left behind families, obligations, responsibilities. They place themselves in harms way each mission they fly, but will never openly say so. They are the National Guard, and much like so many other Guard units all over our country. They serve by choice, filling in the long line of military service dating back to our country's founding.

Your co-worker, your neighbor, your friend, your family member has volunteered to answer the call. They honorably serve when times are good, and when times are not. They leave behind their lives, their families, every comfort and simple pleasure that are too often taken for granted and willfully make sacrifices few can comprehend - much less willingly endure. They ask nothing in return but your prayers and support.

Remember them and all those who have served on this Memorial Day.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Thank you for your service , Herc Driver! It is because of the Dedication to Freedom by folks like you that we have the freedom to enjoy an un-government-restricted internet and post comments freely on a site like this one.

biL
US Army Security Agency, 1966 to 1970
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Herc, thank you for your service. Also, a heartfelt thank you to all Servicemen, past and present. It gives me goose bumps to think of those who laid down their lives for our country and our way of life. I stand in awe and with gratitude.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Thank you all veterans for your service and sacrifice. Those of you still on active duty, Godspeed and come home safe.
Ralph
My sincerest thanks for remembering me, and for remembering all who serve. But most importantly, remember those who eternally stand guard. Remember their widows, many brides too young to lose a loved one. Remember the children who never saw their father, or mother, brother or sister. Remember the families who will forever feel a tinge of ache when they set out places for a holiday meal.

Remember the ones who came home one final time.

God bless them.
Mark

Citation Latitude Captain
--and--
Lt Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Herc Driver Wrote:My sincerest thanks for remembering me, and for remembering all who serve. But most importantly, remember those who eternally stand guard. Remember their widows, many brides too young to lose a loved one. Remember the children who never saw their father, or mother, brother or sister. Remember the families who will forever feel a tinge of ache when they set out places for a holiday meal.

Remember the ones who came home one final time.

God bless them.
Remembering is difficult sometimes, but necessary. Back in the early 50's, one of the guys we "hung out" with came back home. He had gone AWOL, afraid of having to go to Korea. We stood around him and convinced him to do the right thing and to go back. Well, he did and yes, he was deployed to Korea. Unfortunately, this story does not have a happy ending for he was one of those that didn't get through the war. And yes, almost 60 years later, and it is still a bad memory.

So here's to "Dunner" Dugan and to William "Billy" Grogan (the brother of my wife) who gave their lives in the Korean conflict and to all the others who sacrificed their freedoms so that we all can have ours, I am humbled and grateful.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD