This is it Pete
this would make a great walkway bridge (from the LoC site HAER 292) called a Hadley Papabolic Bow ( leaticular truss) only three bridges were built in this comfigureation its 136" long and too wide for a foot bridge bur narrow it up to 6 or 8" and walla a master piece. And your just the guy to do and i dont think there will be too many on other layouts. Cheers
jim

Attached Files Image(s)

Where is this bridge? It looks familiar.
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
nachoman Wrote:Where is this bridge? It looks familiar.

New York State its a historic site.
jim
Jim,
That Lenticular truss bridge is definitely an interesting bridge ! Unfortunately, the lower half of the structure would block the waterway ( I have to leave an 8' above mean high water clearance, to match the railway bridge ). But for that, I could use a much simpler form of walkway. I will have to see if I can create a place for that one somewhere.
nachoman Wrote:Where is this bridge? It looks familiar.

It's the Corinth Road bridge, at Hadley, Saratoga County, New York, about 40 miles North of Albany. ( I did a search on "Lenticular truss bridge" ) ( I also consulted my Multiple Application Positioning Systems.....MAPS Big Grin ) There are a couple, slightly different, spanning the Housatonic River in Connecticut.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Pete yopu could use it in the standard configuration of a leaticular truss and suspend the walk way from the lower cord that differentiastes a leaticular truss from the parabolic bow with the walk way tied to the uprights in the center,so i've been told. still a nifty looking bridge either way Smile

jim
jim currie Wrote:Pete you could use it in the standard configuration of a lenticular truss and suspend the walk way from the lower cord that differentiates a lenticular truss from the parabolic bow with the walk way tied to the uprights in the center,so I've been told. still a nifty looking bridge either way Smile
jim

I saw examples of that, and, while interesting, I still favor the Ft Laramie bridge style. The Eureka Bridge that you posted is still a very tempting alternative. Both it and the Ft Laramie bridge have "technical challenges". Once I figure out how to overcome those, and establish a clear picture of each, as it would appear in the scene, I'll make a final decision.
Many thanks for posting those bridges, any one would be an interesting addition to a scene, and definitely something that hasn't been "overkilled" in model form.
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!