Start of a kit-bash project
Thanks Steam trains, as you can see the figure painting also has been put on the back burner as well. The stock cars and the box cars will definitely become On30 cars(now I have a good excuse to buy another On30 loco Icon_lol )

The next step will be swap out the trucks and then use the Ralph rubber stamp method of numbering(will be ordering a number stamp in the near future)

more pics as I make progress.
Hi all, did a rolling stock count of the kitbash canidates, have 4 more box cars to paint and retruck and 5 stock cars that will get a dull coat and new trucks, will post a pic of entire unaltered train(locos and tender as well as cabooses will be harder to absorb in to a less toy like state of being) Also painted a bit more of the Generic flat car as well. Will post pics soon.
We'll be lookin'..... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Hi all, here is a train in its original state, as mentioned before the loco/tender and the caboose may be a bit harder to convert to a usable rolling stock more so with the caboose 790_smiley_picking_a_fight but I will try to use all but the track as potential detail parts or loads the original trucks and wheel sets will be disassembled for use as a scrap load or detail parts around a loco shed/round house should I build one on the layout.

Update, got some more rustoleum paint this time it is an oxide brown not red which is fine. Will order some more on30 trucks soon and then maybe some couplers as well I will update photos as much as possible.
Update, painted the 4 other box cars and doors this afternoon 2285_ I like the brown better then the oxide red both are far better then the original livery. Will post pics in a day or two as I must leave for an diet meeting/class this evening then in the mid morning I have to finish up the modules for the club 35 35 35
Well as promised here are some updated pics of toy box car make over.

Note: no old computing machines were in danger of being painted Icon_lol

Just need to get couplers and On30 trucks and they can ride the rails again. Thumbsup
Hope to get back to work on this and other projects soon.

soon = Late December early January 35 Icon_lol Nope

Temp work stopage due to money flow, holidays, and other stuff needing attention.

Projects set aside but not forgotten.
Hi all,

the delay in progress has been longer than I thought it would be due to dental care and time being spent on a club layout construction. But I have not forgot about the kitbashing projects will update when I get some trucks and couplers for these odd ball boxcars and other tolling stock in process. Sorry for the long delay Smile
Hi all, will be soon getting back to this project as I need the space on the bench for other projects in the works some RR and and some computer/electronics related stuff.
OK AF...You've been loafing long enough..... Goldth Let's see some action on this....
Gus (LC&P).
Steamtrains Wrote:OK AF...You've been loafing long enough..... Goldth Let's see some action on this....

Yup. guess I need to fire the crew at the car shop as their productivity has droped and rumor is they have been moonlighting on another railroad. Icon_lol

Will be getting back to this project soon -need to get some more On30 trucks and couplers before I can finish these cars.
Hello all,
here are a series of pics comparing the caboose to an S gauge kit of Crooked Mountains Line
box car and a box and stock car to be converted to On30(the short cars not the CML box) the O scale figure is for perspective. the caboose Might work in On30 if I ditch the chassie and build one for it, any opinions, pointers, or suggestions on the caboose the Box and the stock car are going to get On30 trucks and couplers(what size couplers does bachmann use on their On30 stock and locos?) The caboose looks too small to me for s gauge standard but may be with some more work it might be passable as well On30 and HO standard :?: :?:

Well anyway here are the pics:

Well, it has been another long delay but I just filled out an order form for some On30 trucks like those in the pictures. Icon_lol 2285_ Thumbsup

Hope to have some real progress soon so I can move on to some other projects in waiting.

Also have 2 new tool(s) systems I am saving up for one is a 3D printer more than likely it will be around December or early next year before that becomes a realality and the other is the Decal profx system(it actualy makes custom dry transfers) tools needed to use the system are a Laser printer, a heat gun, and a personal laminator by GBC.
Hi all just a quick update,

On30 trucks and an On30 coupler height gauge has been ordered next on list is to get some couplers. Narrow gauge trains do not fit into my freelanced railroad the Buckeye Freight & Terminal so I will need to come up with a name just for my narrow gauge trains. May be something like 2 1/2 feet into Grave Canyon. Icon_lol :?: 357