Start of a kit-bash project
The weekend is here time to get serious with the On30 bashing, will have some pics and progress to report by Sunday night if not before, I examined the cab that I removed from the boiler and it has some cast in details that need removed before I can even think about using them in another bash.
Did some clean up around the house and fence line, no actual work on On30 bash yet--too windy to paint outside but have some ideas forming on how to re-purpose most every part of these neat little plastic plate trains. Loco bodies will get a paint job new cab and ho chassis, caboose bodies will get new floors and trucks, original caboose floors will get new trucks and wood plank decks and become M.O.W. flat cars, original stock cars need to get trucks, couplers, and a shot of dull coat, cast coppies of roofs will be built into some more stock cars and maybe a few wood side box cars, tenders will also get new floors, trucks, couplers and a light(tiny led), original tender floors will also get wood plank deck and become yet more M.O.W. flats. Wow what fun from a pile of remnants of 4 sets of novelty toy trains comes a whole On30 railroad. Icon_lol

Pictorial update by Sunday night.
Well here is some small steps but they worked out great so far.

this series of pics shows how the original caboose floors/chassis are unacceptable in appearance so They will become shorty flats with wood plank floors Icon_lol Maybe some more progress in a few days.

Looks like I will have to order some more on30 trucks and wheel sets soon.
A tiny bit of progress so far today,

A flat with railings on each end and the start of a wheel car, the trucks are S gauge standard but are only stand ins to I get some more on30 trucks and wheels.

I have been a bit under the weather last few days, will pick back up on kitbashing soon I hope.
Well all I have not had a chance to do anything else on the kitbashing yet maybe this weekend as I have stuff to do and places to be in the morning threw late after noon.

I did find a vendor that had a 1/4th inch scale(o scale) steam loco cab interior that may suite the loco kitbash pretty nicely. Now to enginer a powered drive system.

Day spent waiting for mail delivery (4 books and a DVD). The DVD is ROVOS Rail, the books were a book on the space program, a book on job hunting for those who have been nonworking and unemployed for an extended time, A book on cartoon animation useing a home PC, an investing book as well.
Been side tracked last few days, but will have some progress pics by weekend.
Promises...promises... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Wow the day slipped away with little progress, flats got truck mounting things cut down and holes filled with JB weld epoxy no pics as that is a very boring shot Icon_lol will have pic of wheel car as soon as I recycle some ho code 100 rail from a warped(plastic ties) section of track.

The budget has been maxed out so looking at getting trucks and wheel sets December maybe late November. But will do as much body work as possible between now and then.

Looking into maybe making my own trucks in On30 some time down the road more than likely they will be free lanced design if I can not find pics of common(is there such a thing)used narrow gauge trucks. I found a pic of of several types of trucks but they were standard gauge.
Hi all,

have not gave up just resting up a bit. Removed dead tomato vines that was about the extent of activity for the day.

Progress will progress just not as fast as before. 35 Lots of things to do that need to be done in the now time frame.

summery of On30 kitbash/scratch build project so far:

1. 4 retrucked/painted steel box cars
2. 1 scratch built stock car
3. 1 wheel car in progress
4. 4 flats with end rails in progress
5. 4 tender rebuilds in progress
6. 4 stock car kitbashes in progress
7. 4 locomotive bashes in progress
8. 4 caboose rebuilds in progress

all from 4 cheesy plastic battery op sets Big Grin
Have not gave up or forgot about projects, just been busy with installing new appliances for parents, pulled outy old dishwasher and will put new in sometime friday....just when I got the to do list cut down I now have to replace 2 storm doors and a bathroom sink Icon_lol

Will try ro get some project time in this week end 35
Hi, all

found some rail to use on the wheel car, walked into the work shop looked at the mess poked around looking for a tool for a job that needed done. Some early morning appointments on Friday and then the rest of the day is open to work on this ongoing project 2285_ 2285_ 2285_
Always a side project to interfere with your fun projects Popcornbeer
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
It has been a long delay on most of my projects that have been in progress, appliances installs, oven repair some minor plumbing and vehical problems cleaning up after sweetgum trees cut down(never plant a sweetgum as thier seed balls make a big mess and are hard and spiked realy hurts ro step on one bare foot and can be a fall hazard with shoes on)

Any way will be getting back to the train projects + a new one has been added (gathering parts already to build a dump car activated by the whistle button on a power pack) will be my rendition of the dump car in the CTT magazine.

Stay tuned Big Grin