40 ford boneyard progress
OK !!!!!! IT WORKS!!!
Till there is a vehicle forum this will just have to do. 35
Here are a few pics of the progress on the 1/64 ( S scale) hotwheels 40 coupe that is nearing boneyard status.
It still needs the bumpers, wheels & tires on the front, The rear end & trans are built but will not be in place , just placed in the scene when it goes in the diorama. If any of you ever had a 40 Ford you will recognize the "Jump seat" behind the drivers position . If you look close you can see the bell housing of the engine showing thru the firewall with a flywheel & ring gear . ( It's the blue thingie)

Instant glue ? ---- SOLDER ---- NOW THATS INSTANT!
That's amazing. People visiting your layout must stop and linger at your scrap yard!
Ralph
Looks like 3 pics at a time is the limit. OK heres 3 more.

Man ,thAt WAS A QUICK response Ralph , thanks.
Smile Actually these boneyard cars will be a stand alone diorama when I get enough of them done, my railroad stuff is HO

Dave.
I'm sure glad you have come over too. You make Fred Sanford look like a piker.
Why don't you just start your own vehicle thread, In fact why don't we have the moderator rename this Thread "Dave's junked vehicles".
I think this deserves all the recognition it can get, and I hope you post the Hudson truck here too.
Charlie
Here are the last two & one of a 34 Packard in progress. If any one wants more of the Packard let me know. I have a lot more cars in progress & a number finished but I suspect most of you have seen them in the old neighborhood, let me know if not & I'll put them on here.

Charlie B Wrote:Dave.
I'm sure glad you have come over too. You make Fred Sanford look like a piker.
Why don't you just start your own vehicle thread, In fact why don't we have the moderator rename this Thread "Dave's junked vehicles".
I think this deserves all the recognition it can get, and I hope you post the Hudson truck here too.
Charlie

Funny , My son says the same thing ( Fred Sanford) but hes talking about the front yard. Icon_lol

Thanksfor the enthusiam & kind words , It takes another modeler to appreciate what it takes to wreck a car-- non modelers think you just beat them with a hammer or put them in a vise--- I've had people say exactly that when they see them , or when they see the burned out 50 Ford ask if I did it with lighter fluid or gasoline !! Wallbang
Please post them all here. We have a lot of new people that need to see these and we don't need to "redirect" them.
I think the Packard is going to be a classic, no pun intended.
Charlie
This silly thing Kicked me out & made me relog right in the middle of posting?????? Confusedhock:

OK I'll try again. You wanted to see a Hudson -----OK . This is what Hot Wheels called a 40 Ford , look more like a Hudson to me so I made a Hudson. There are a ton of progress pics , I'll resize some & get them up here .

Charlie B Wrote:Please post them all here. We have a lot of new people that need to see these and we don't need to "redirect" them.
I think the Packard is going to be a classic, no pun intended.
Charlie

Thats a lot of pictures Charlie -- But I'll start resizing them & put them up till someone hollers STOP ALREADY!! Shoot

Yeah , I like the Packard but then I like ALL junk cars , my kids all grew up haunting junk yards with me, my daughters 30 now & she still talks about the neat old cars we poked about when she was 8 or 10.
Well this time I didn't get kicked out in the middle of posting. it took 3 tries tho!! :? Nope
This is a few more shots of the transformation from "40 Ford" to Hudson. I use disposable aluminum baking tins for panel replacements & additions like the truck bed & floors & such.

One of the most important changes was the grill & of course the tailgate removes all doubt as to who this trucks Mama was!!

OK NOW it's done !!

The running board covers & floormat are made of the foil from a cigarette pack, I knew there had to be some good come from being a smoker 357
The radiator is part of a CD case with more lines scribed across the ribs & a little piece of brass on top.

OOOoppps I didn't show the radiator in the last post. Here it is.
also here is an overall shot of some of the cars I already have finished & a Cord I built out of the front halves of two VW's long before Hot Wheels made a Cord . I built some of these in the 80's & just recently decided to build a bunch more & make a diorama of them. Thats partially because it will be a year or more before I can even begin to build a railroad -- need to retire ( again) & get moved to Colorado first . I went on a 1/64th car buying spree & I have about 80 of the little buggers to wreck! 2285_ 35

[quote="Dave Harris sctchbld"]The running board covers & floormat are made of the foil from a cigarette pack, I knew there had to be some good come from being a smoker 357
I know the foil you are talking about. I think I managed to save about 20 empties before I quit. I'll have to hide them somewhere. I don't know where you would find the "quilted" foil with that small quilting anywhere else. I remember looking at it after you posted "over there" and marveling at how you came up with the idea to use it.
I think all of your ideas are so unique. The wheels and tires too.
Charlie