Good things come in narrow packages
Bernhard....amazing work on those lanterns!  Thumbsup

I applied the Micro Mark brick sheets. Like all of these types of products, you need to trim the edges, but the peel and stick application was very simple.
The only real drawback is that this product represents "aged" brick and there are darker and lighter areas on each sheet. Trying to hide the seams is a bit of a challenge, but nothing that a bit of weathering can't take care of.

[Image: 0fFdLU.jpg]

Close up:
[Image: zBZSEW.jpg]

Next up building doors/windows
Steve
I do like buildings that are actually big enough to look like they should get rail service. Applause
Johnathan (Catt) Edwards
"The Ol Furrball"

"I'm old school,I still believe in respect"
Looks great!! ....and I agree... it looks large enough to require rail service. Thumbsup Thumbsup
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Catt & Mikey....it is very ironic that this industry is no longer served by rail  :o. An old tanker car will permantly be "parked" on an isolated section of track in front of it. I agree with the sentiment though and luckily have a few long structures on the layout already  Thumbsup  Thumbsup

A little progress....

Blocking up the old door openings and a vent installed. Vent was made from clapboard siding:
[Image: 9ty3an.jpg]

[Image: Pqmkm3.jpg]

It also looks like my knife wandered a bit on the top right side of the wall...I will have to get the masons back to fix that  :mrgreen:  Wink
Steve
Steve, thanks.
An article "How to built oil lanterns in HO-scale" is ready and sent to MRH staff and now I hope for scheduling in one of next issues.
Cheers, Bernd

Please visit also my website www.us-modelsof1900.de.
You can read some more about my model projects and interests in my chronicle of facebook.
I'll be looking for it Bernhard!  Thumbsup

I did the trim around the top of the building and then I put the windows together. In order to get windows that looked like the prototype I had to put three smaller windows together:
[Image: h0VPlG.jpg]

Of course being masonry windows without an exterior frame I had my doubts about them staying together when I tried to fit them in the openings. I decided to do the glazing, glue them down to a piece of wood painted black and then just glue the wood to the backside of the wall (this would not work if you wanted to see in through the windows) :
[Image: ukFecA.jpg]

Finished result:
[Image: vqTRe1.jpg]

I decided to brick up the opening on the far right:
[Image: BC1V9D.jpg]

Still need to finish the roof, add signage, and weather it all.
Take care  Thumbsup
Steve
Steve,

That came together nicely. I like the mix of brick an cinder block to show how they have changed the function fo the building over time.

Keep us posted on the progress!
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
mountaingoatgreg Wrote:Steve,

That came together nicely. I like the mix of brick an cinder block to show how they have changed the function fo the building over time.

Keep us posted on the progress!

I agree with Steve, but can I suggest that you give the red bricked infill panel a wash of a lighter mortar to indicate that it is newer and fresher than the original brickwork. It is how I as a carpenter would pick out an alteration to brickwork.
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Added the signage, a couple of roof stacks, and a lot of weathering:

[Image: xJFbiA.jpg]

[Image: rMlhs1.jpg]

[Image: zvvXpp]

On the layout:
[Image: H2ZN6t.jpg]

The color is a bit off in that last pic.....oh well  Wink

I guess it is time to move on to the salvage yard and "finish" this layout... Thumbsup
Steve
Steve,

Another great looking structure for your layout. Applause What a difference the natural light has on the look of the structure.

Bruce
That looks good!
Reinhard
Thanks guys for the kind words Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
I always take pics outside in natural lighting before planting things on the layout. I have yet to have a structure that didn't look much better that way. Right now I am taking pics with my i-phone...might have something to do with the less than flattering pics in artificial lighting. I'll get it right eventually Smile
Steve
There must be some very dirty rainwater coming off that parapet capping, for it to make those black stains on the brickwork.
Maybe those flues need a good clean. Wallbang
Mark
Fake It till you Make It, then Fake It some More
Mr Fixit Wrote:There must be some very dirty rainwater coming off that parapet capping, for it to make those black stains on the brickwork.
Maybe those flues need a good clean. Wallbang
Mark
I agree that the stains don't really make much sense (sometimes my hands move faster than my brain) but I believe that I will live with it none the less.
Steve
Steve Wrote:I agree that the stains don't really make much sense (sometimes my hands move faster than my brain) but I believe that I will live with it none the less.

Just blame that guy standing on the roof.......... Icon_twisted Wink 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!