Plymouth Street
Thanks Kurt,

I was thinking of doing the same thing in regards to scaling things, I wasn't sure if you had a better idea, great minds think alike I guess :-)

I won't keep you too much of your modeling work, having to answer questions etc, so I'll stop now, and you can go back to modeling :-)

Koos

PS: I have a blog, see link below, if you want I'd like to feature some of your work on there, pm me if you're interested? Cheers!
Be sure to visit my model railroad blog at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.namrr.blogspot.com">http://www.namrr.blogspot.com</a><!-- m -->
really good start, look forward to more updates.
Well, I’d rather call this a false start. For the last few weeks I was looking for the right structures for the right side of this layout. Now that I want to model the New York and Atlantic, it should be a little more prototypical. Though I found some interesting structures along the Bushwick Branch in Queens, I could not combine them to a layout that would satisfy me. And aside from that, although my main fun in model railroading is not operations, I was bored with the arrangement of tracks even after running an engine back and forth only a few times. The only thing I really liked about this layout, were the houses along Plymout street on the left. So I decided that I will build small Plymouth Street diorama and dismantle this layout. Now as I am writing this, all tracks have been removed, a new trackplan has been drawn, track has been ordered and I already built the first three of the 11 turnouts I will need for the new layout. I will start a new thread on my NY&A layout soon.

Koos, sorry I forgot to answer sooner. Feel free to use any of the stuff I am posting here for your blog, if you find something that is worth featured there.
Kurt
Kurt, don't worry. You did the right thing when you started Plymouth Street and you are doing the right thing now. Simply because this is the hobby world that has only the goal to make you happy. You have been happy for some time with Plymouth Street and you are now happy (and excited?) with the new project. Both sounds good to me.
I wish you lots of fun with the new project Thumbsup
Reinhard
A new direction already? But to keep the enthusiasm going, gotta be willing to change directions when you see the plan just isn't coming together as you want it to. Looking forward to all the new thoughts and ideas wherever this leads you.
Kurt,
though I am late to the party, I enjoyed this thread very much. So I am looking forward to see your upcoming layout.
Jens
Kurt man, you're killing me. LOL!!!

I knew something was up though, especially when I noticed that you were not making your usual steady progress.

Looking forward to the new build. The idea of building 11 turnouts sounds exciting to me. Nothing like shiney new soldered trackwork. Thumbsup
I pulled the plug before I spent too much effort in building this layout and I am quite enthusiastic about my new plans. I like track planning, laying track, building turnouts, so starting anew is fun. I am working on a presentable track plan right now, so I hope I can show you my next layout soon.

Tetters, I just finished building the 4th #6 turnout. I am really enjoying it. I ordered PC ties and wood ties from Fast Tracks 10 days ago. Though delivery to Germany takes some time, I though that I would wait to build the next TOs until I get the PC ties, because I don’t like cutting them myself too much … but if the package from Fast Tracks won’t arrive soon, all turnouts will be finished by then Goldth . BTW, my new turnouts are not shiney Nope as I am using old painted ME code 70 rails from my last layout. The new shiny ones haven’t arrived yet.
Kurt