Sweethome Chicago at Manchester model railway show
Hello all.

While I was exhibiting Sweethome Chicago at Manchester Model Railway show last weekend (2nd and 3rd October 2010), I got my son Steve to shoot some video showing the layout in its natural environment.

Whilst my operators and I take our modelling seriously (John Wright had his 'Federal St' in MR May 2003, and Phil Baggley had 'The Bullmoose' in MR Sept 2000), we are not averse to having a bit of fun during exhibitions and entertaining the public, as I hope this video shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lypxFaF_7s8

I hope the video gives some idea about how Sweethome Chicago is normally operated, for the benefit of folks who can't get over to a British exhibition and see it in person.

Jon
Sweethome Chicago is now on Facebook

Sweethome Alabama is now on Facebook

Hudson Road is now on Facebook

my videos

my Railimages
Now, that is some display! And one amazing model railroad!

Congrats, Jon, on a job extremely well done!

I am awestruck ... from this distance ...

... I can't even imagine how I would feel had I seen it in person!!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Very cool. Thanks for sharing the video with us! Cheers
Jon Grant 4472 Wrote:... of folks who can't get over to a British exhibition and see it in person...

Might it be realistic to expect you at a continental European exhibition? I would be glad to see you and your layout in Germany or Switzerland.
Reinhard