Step-By-Step Build Series - Walthers Ashland Rolling Mill
Josh...another excellent build! Thumbsup

It looks like it will be an impressive structure Wink
Steve
Back where I grew up, there is a rolling mill and they seemed to have a homegrown means of moving coils around. They looked like little low slung flatbed trailers, but were covered with hoods that looked a smaller versions of the hoods from coil cars. Like maybe 75% the size of the rail covers.
Andy, thanks for the link. There is a craneway that comes with the Rolling Mill kit, but it does not come with the crane itself. Walthers is still out of the Heavy Duty Overhead Cranes, so I cant try it out with this one, but will definitely look into it for the one im going to build for my Modules Misngth

Wayne & Reinhard, thanks for the information Misngth I think im going to attempt to make one of those wheeled coil handing units. Your right, the Kibri Crane is a great starting point! Now if I only would have ordered 2 instead of one of them (had ordered one for a customer when it was on sale @ Walthers a while back) lol

Steve, thanks buddy Misngth Misngth
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World
Not too much progress to report, been busy as of late. Started my new second job yesterday, and in the process of getting a new truck for the new job Misngth

Step 11: Install the 8 Soaking Pit Lids
Step 12: Assemble the Smoke Stacks. The Smoke Stacks will be glued in place (you can see where they go on the bad just behind the Soaking Pit Lids) after the walls of the Rolling Mill have been glued in place
Step 13: Assemble and install the Roller Conveyor Crossover Platform

[Image: SL370207.jpg]
Josh Mader

Maders Trains
Offering everyday low prices for the Model Railroad World