Photo fun 10/8 to 10/14
I'll never forget how the ground shook as she went by.

We got in a car and chased over to I-95 where we paced her through the darkness and then into the early morning light before having to turn back to go to work "in the morning." She was doing 75 mph with twenty-two or twenty-three coaches behind her and not a diesel to be seen anywhere! It was awesome!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Still impressive many years later, even standing still and with her boiler cold:
[Image: Pennsylvaniatripphotos015.jpg]

[Image: Pennsylvaniatripphotos013.jpg]

Wayne
Sunday morning. No jobs to be done in Vernon. Everybody is at home
[Image: Img_0369.jpg?t=1286692206]
Reinhard
doctorwayne Wrote:Still impressive many years later, even standing still and with her boiler cold:

Wayne
And they were Very impressive when pulling hard.
Cresson, Pa, May. 1977
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: P1011304.jpg]
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
Nice holiday touch Jeffrey
Charlie
[Image: P1011305.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's

TRICK photography or train TREAT :?:

Cool stuff Jeffery Thumbsup
I udnerstand they're doing at least some cosmetic touchup on 2124 - I was a bit disappointed by the sad shape of the paint job from standing outside all these years - although I was also more impressed by the T-1 than I was the Big Boy. I ned to get up there again soon - last time I was there I went on the caboose ride and I was right at the cutoff point - I was offered the chance to take that ride if I was willing to climb up to the cupola or wait for the next one - well DUH!

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
rrinker Wrote:I understand they're doing at least some cosmetic touchup on 2124 - I was a bit disappointed by the sad shape of the paint job from standing outside all these years - although I was also more impressed by the T-1 than I was the Big Boy.

It's good to hear that they're doing some touch-up - most of those locos outside need some attention to keep them from deteriorating further.
I agree with you about the T-1 vs. the Big Boy, too - while both are magnificent pieces of machinery, the Reading loco just seemed to loom much larger. That it began life as a Consolidation is pretty astounding, too. Eek

Wayne
AF350 Wrote:TRICK photography or train TREAT :?:

Cool stuff Jeffery Thumbsup
Cheers I really like the scary jack 'o lanterns in the windows!
Ralph
Riding the EBT (gauge 2010 trip)    

My other car is a locomotive, ARHS restoration crew  
At Jim Thorpe, PA 10/9/10

Bruce

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice photos, Bruce! I'm so jealous! Orbisonia, Altoona, Strasburg and Jim Thorpe! All my old stomping grounds (just add New Hope) ... I really am getting homesick ... for the first time in my life!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
[Image: P1011326.jpg]
Collector of Apple //e's