Some freight cars for a 1940s Pennsy layout
The show that I have been furiously building freight cars for, finally happened this weekend.

We only used my freight cars for the whole weekend, John Wright providing the passenger stock and Pennsy locos. This made packing up on Sunday afternoon a whole lot easier, not having to worry about who owned what freight car.

Here are some photos. First up - the fiddle yard.(The old chap in some of the photos is called Alan - he's 82 and came over from Toronto for the show. What a guy)

[Image: IMG_7912.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7957.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7946.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7916.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7921.jpg]

Jon
Sweethome Chicago is now on Facebook

Sweethome Alabama is now on Facebook

Hudson Road is now on Facebook

my videos

my Railimages
Some shots of the river crossings. The double track bridge is the Pennsy main and the single bridgeis the B&O branch

[Image: IMG_80131.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8011.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7973.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7971.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7969.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7966.jpg]

Jon

my videos

my Railimages
Some general shots of the Plywood Pennsy layout

[Image: IMG_7940.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7936.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7965.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7949.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7979.jpg]

The hand-made turnouts have Pennsy-specific detailling parts. View shows the B&O branch crossing the Pennsy main

[Image: IMG_7997.jpg]

Jon

my videos

my Railimages
As the train rounds the curve to depart the developing scenic area, I get a chance to model my new hat for the weekend, and bring an end to a hectic 3-week modelling period.

[Image: IMG_7954.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7991.jpg]

Jon

my videos

my Railimages
Splendid Sky Piece there, Jon! You wear it well!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:Splendid Sky Piece there, Jon! You wear it well!

Thanks, Mate. Never heard it called that before.

Jon

my videos

my Railimages
Jon:
Layout looks promising. I don't know what Pennsy specific turnout detailing entails. I think I have pictures of what used to be a Pennsy turnout (now a turnout kit).
Alan is an old friend, another Platelayer.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
It's a mid-seventies east coast big city term, often shortened to "Sky." But I probably have not used that term in twenty years! It just jumped at me from the keyboard! 357 ... [The companion phrase would be the "Earth Pads" on your feet! 357 ]

I grew up in and around the city of Philadelphia, PA, USA, and then went to college in downtown, center-city Philly. Urban slang creaps into my speech from time to time, often taking me totally by surprize!

Nonetheless, it is one nice lookin' Lid! Thumbsup
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Love the stone work on that bridge. Very impressive. Was it part of a model kit or was it cast out of plaster or something?
Not only a nice hat, but an accomplished modeler underneath it! Smile
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
tetters Wrote:Love the stone work on that bridge. Very impressive. Was it part of a model kit or was it cast out of plaster or something?

Although I didn't have a hand in building it, the construction material appears to be British company 'Wills' walling sheets and some of their other products

http://www.gascupboard.co.uk/walling-she...-4353.html

Jon

my videos

my Railimages