Bridge at Mason Park
S-two-fiddy, thank you very much! The ripples where really easy to make, I just stipled the gel onto the paint with a 1/2" brush. I admit it did take awhile to cover the area though. Smile
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Gary S Wrote:
faraway Wrote:You did discuss how and if to paint a shadow. On the photos the natural shadow looks good. No reason to paint one.

Even though the bridge is casting a decent shadow, I think it would be wise for us modelers to pay more attention to that stuff. As Galen had mentioned earlier, it makes sense to help the shadows on our layout be more distinct by the coloring and shading we use in those areas.

That is right and I have not been sure if you "painted" a shadow or if it is a "natural" shadow. Now in your case is the light source at the right spot to make a clear defined shadow where it should be. If you would have a more diffuse light not producing a nice shadow I would ask you to "paint" a shadow like it is now seen on the photo.
Reinhard
Very cool Gary!Outstanding detail...I love it!just curious,but what is your profession,what do you do for a living?My guess would be an Engineer of some kind.Your skills are quite impressive,to say the least. Big Grin BTW Exactrail is going to be producing the 72' deck girder bridge in HO scale,with etched metal walk ways,etc.
Don Shriner
TG, I am an electrician by trade. In the educational field now, but spent 20 years hands on. Thanks for the kind comments.
Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times