CONSTRUCTION OF NEW LINE AT THE KISKI JUNCTION RAILROAD
Talk about a mine that begs to be modeled..

Thanks for sharing.
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
your very welcome . but you are right , it is begging to be modeled. from what i have seen it wouldnt take much for it to be modeled. i am going to try and get more photos of it soon.

Todd
Here is a photo i took of a truck getting loaded at the mine.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is a panoramic of the mine that I sticthed together. The pictures were taken in 2001.
Charlie

Attached Files Image(s)

Silly question... is the track supposed to be all wavy like that or does it get leveled out?

[Image: file.php?id=7561]
I would think they will be adding some ballast so if so they will most likely level the track out. The Ontario Northland Railway mainline and siding passing through here was starting to look very unlevel and wavy. This summer they brought in the ballast tamper machine that also measures the dips and rises in the track. As it went along it packed the ballast under the ties slowly leveling the track. They had the ballast train here at the same time dumping ballast where needed. They ended up raising the mainline about 5 inches and the siding by at least 3 inches. Now the track looks very smooth and level. When the freight to Noranda Quebec passes through the cars no longer rock back and forth like crazy. :o

Wayne Reid
Its good to see track being laid down, and not ripped up and the ROW paved over for bikes.
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
The track hasn't been ballasted, and had never had any serious weight, in addition the telephoto effect magnifies even a little defect to make it look horrid.
I made the mistake of taking a few of my model track with the telephoto, but I'll say one thing, you can sure see the defects.
Charlie
Today we took up a second set of 4 rail cars up to Kelley station. . the weather was gorgeous. a great day to run trains. these photos are some of the guys at the Kiski Junction. They are some of the friendliest and knowledgable guys you could ever meet.i i thought it was important to post a few photos of them, after all is the people who make any organization a great place. i will post some photos later of what we did today.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

Those pictures are so clear I can see the blue through them....WOW!!! Icon_lol
Charlie
snicker, giggle
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
lol, the freaking power went out while i was posting them. its on now
Com'mom Todd, pedal a little faster, we want to see 'em Icon_lol
Here are some photos from today.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

Been checking this out, quite a ride for me, but perhaps when I am next in the western part of the state I can get down there. Yet another railroad in the state I haven't ridden.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com