CONSTRUCTION OF NEW LINE AT THE KISKI JUNCTION RAILROAD
Wow Todd..you're layout is looking fantastic!
It looks so close to real li......Huh?...What was that?....Oh....

Nice pictures.............
Torrington, Ct.
NARA Member #87
I went to my Happy Place, but it was closed for renovations.
lol too funny. its the best kind of lay out. the scenery was easy to do to. lol.
E - paw i thought of you when i took this photo today. i dont know much about sttel ties . before they arrived i never saw them before. maybe Charlie can tell us something about them.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

All I know about steel ties is this...They are rust colored, made from steel and the rail is held into preformed plates with clips. You couldn't use steel ties for electric trains unless you did overhead wire and used the track for the ground, or battery powered remote control. Icon_lol
Charlie
Todd---this is an outstanding thread,really enjoying all the great photos from Everyone Thumbsup
yOU mean i cant use steel ties on my Ho scale layout? dang i better call the hobby shop and cancel the order then. i was so trying to be proto typical too. lol.

Thanks for the compliment Ed. its been an interesting experience seeing the line built.

Todd
Very cool!!

This is so much better than over here on the other side of the state whose still removing track instead of adding it 219
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
here are some more photos from the trip yesterday

Attached Files Image(s)

Another shipment of rail headed North to Kelley station Pa. on a very cold and rainy Friday morning.

Attached Files Image(s)

Took the first shipment of ballast cars up the new line last Thursday. things went really well . that is me in the photo working with the cars.

Todd

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like cold work..

Is that a kink in the curve or a lens distortion?
Larry
Engineman

Summerset Ry

Make Safety your first thought, Not your last!  Safety First!
it was cold that day. i think it was in the upper 20's and snowed all day, but it was interesting though.
Brakie Wrote:Looks like cold work..

Is that a kink in the curve or a lens distortion?
I'd bet on a kink, but considering there is no ballast at all, and the track hasn't been aligned it looks great. Once the ballast is down and the tamper gets to work it will be great track. I was a little Leary when they told me they were going to use steel ties, but after seeing them I'm really impressed...but forget signals and crossing protection. 357
Only time will tell if they will hold in the stone.
Charlie
Hey Todd, Where are the updates? We need pictures. Icon_lol
:needpics:
Charlie
Hi charlie

there really isnt a whole lot going on right now. other than trying to spread a little ballast, but as you know its hard spreading it when its frozen in the cars and 6 inches of snow on the ground. ill try though here soon to put some pictures more up.

Todd