Bridge at South Wayside

Three Foot Rule In Effect At All Times
Gary,

Very impressive, as always.
So I vote for the gray patch and also the little builders plaque.
I would suggest that your yellow is a little to clean and needs to be a liitle sloppier. Notice the small yellow patches and some of the over piant?

Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing the trains a running!!
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Thanks Greg. Smile

One vote for the gray patch, and I agree, the yellow needs to be slopped around a bit.

As for running a train across it, once I am satisfied with the bridge, it should be a simple matter of cutting out some of the foam on the layout, sliding the bridge/base into place, leveling it, and then putting the track across.
Greg, on the builder's plaque, are you talking about the plaques down on the concrete walls? If so, I need to add them. But I also just noticed this one, it appears there is one on each side of the girder. You can just make out the outline in one of the photos on the previous page of this thread. Did you spot that one?

Yeah those were the ones I was talking about.
Be Wise Beware Be Safe
"Mountain Goat" Greg

https://www.facebook.com/mountaingoatgreg/
Which ones? :x

All of them? Or the ones down on the concrete? Goldth
My eye for seeing color sez, "BiL, tell Gary the yellow patches are a bit too yellow ... add some light tan to tone it down an RPH. But the slate-blue-grey is just about dead nuts!"

The other eye sez, " That there bridge is lookin' my-tee fine, Bubba!"
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
I see what you are saying on the yellow, biL. What I'll have to try is a tan wash on the yellow and see if that will do something.

And.... what is an "RPH"?

Oh... do you vote for the gray patch or leave it off?
Gary,

You've done everything else prototypically, so go with the gray patch.

Bruce
Cheers
The yellows does need a toning down, and it doesn't see to be even across the bridge on the prototype. The gray patches might as well go on too... Goldth
Gus (LC&P).
Instead of repainting the yellow, I made a tan wash and carefully applied it over the yellow, then touched up the edges with black wash. Also put silver over one of the yellow spots on the right hand side as per the prototype. Added some yellow in various places on the left as per Greg's suggestion. And the builder's plate went on too.

Still have to add the gray spot, but will practice on the other side ofthe bridge first. Then will drybrush the perimeter with some lighter paint, and also will go over the other girder too.

Gus, if I see what you mean, there is more silver on the lower horizontal rivet line on the right hand side. That it?

Here's we she stands, still needs the gray patch and maybe more silver and less yellow on the right side. Three-foot rule in efffect.

Oooooo! "Angry" colors!
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Will end the night with an "overall" shot of the model:

Very cool, I'd love to see some cars on that model Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Gary, another masterpiece!
Reinhard