Weekly Photo Fun Dec 3 to Dec 9
Running Bear Wrote: This thread is closed for the posting of photos though comments are still welcome. Please use the current WPF thread for the posting of photos.
?

For the Record ... I thought better of posting my comment here and censored myself, so ... ?
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Look at the dates in the thread title. This is last weeks WPF thread, not the current one.
15 year veteran fire fighter
Collector of Apple //e's

Beatus homo qui invenit sapientiam
O.K.
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
Thanks, Jeff, you beat me to it. Wink Goldth

Wayne
View new posts/active topic fail.
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
tomustang Wrote:[Image: 52a0125b.jpg]

I still say the blue is to light and you need some yellow or gold
Les
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/">http://www.lesterperry.webs.com/</a><!-- m --> Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/lesterperry/
Hypothetical:

Say I wanted to comment on someone's loco photo, and needed to make a comparison to a prototype picture, would it be okay to post a new photo in this thread for that purpose?

Jus' askin'..... :?
Post a link to the photo.
Collector of Apple //e's

unreasonable
Post a photo if you want to then
Collector of Apple //e's

Jeff's right: it's not "against the rules", it's just that keeping past WPF threads active leads to confusion with the current one, as many don't take the date into consideration when replying.

Wayne
Jeff is absolutely right, it's just that a big green bold admonition from a non-moderator just seems a tad harsh.

EDIT: What I am saying is that moderating is best left to moderators, and in moderate sized text and tone at that! Tongue
It's a photo FUN thread, who cares, there's no need to play Stalin Moderator about it.

[Image: 595disappointed3if8.jpg]
Tom

Model Conrail

PM me to get a hold of me.
Fine by me. I'll stay out of it and let the mods handle it when they get around to it.
Collector of Apple //e's

Well folks, there's no need for anybody to get in a kerfluffle about this. While the Mods often used the large and coloured typeface to end these threads as new ones came into being, there's not been much need for it lately, as most go to the current version of WPF. In the past, the originator of a new WPF thread often posted that notice, too, so Jeffrey was not out of line doing so.
The main reason for not wanting further photos once a new thread has been started is that people often post pictures without looking at the date, with the result that several of these threads could be active at the same time - not a good way to show off your work.
Since comments are still encouraged, the preferred practice would be to post a note directing viewers to check out a related picture in the current WPF. It's not "against the rules" to post more pictures in an expired thread, just not the most efficient way to show your work and keep the threads current.

Wayne