Bachmann turnout switches
With typical power-routing turnouts you are absolutely correct bil. You can't feed power from the frog end - you need to gap the rails after the frog or it will short exactly like you say. Not sure about the Bachmann ones, I think they took care of all that to keep it simple . The indeed has been a rule pretty much since the dawn of 2-rail, except for turnouts like Atlas which are all routes live.

--Randy
Modeling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's in HO

Visit my web site to see layout progress and other information:
http://www.readingeastpenn.com
Jerry: try moving the terminal section from where it is to the corner between turnouts A and C. That should let the power run down all the tracks.
I wonder if you have a break in the rails somewhere? Just have a look at all the connections.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.
Hey guys, i got it working! Thanks Charlie B, it worked by adding the other power feed points. Unfortunately, two of my three turnouts do not operate properly, so I will send them back for exchange.

Has anyone integrated Bachmann and Atlas tracks? Would this be very difficult to do? I have seen a bunch of Atlas stuff, like the roundhouse, turntable, flex tracks, etc., and they seem like fun items. I have already invested a fair amount on the Bachmann track layout so far, however. I was thinking about maybe building my own turn table using a piece of Atlas flex (30") and just turning it thru about 4-5 sidings, 3 of which would enter the roundhouse (3 stall for engines). Ideas and experiences are welcome, please.
Jerry
Jerry,

Bachmann's E-Z track is like the Atlas track on a plastic roadbed. It will join right up to Atlas Snap track, you just need to put some roadbed under the Atlas track so that it's the same height as the E-Z track. You may want to clip the E-Z track locking tab off the end of the track to make your other roadbed line up flush.
Hi, I have the same layout with 2 turnouts. I worked them into my n scale loop and can't figure out how to make them work. The plugs that come with it are 3 holes and the other 2 . They don't line up how do I connect them. She I try to switch manually it kills power and the train stops. These are power turnouts left and right. I can't even figure out how to connect everything and move on with life. The plugs in the box don't seem to match. Can explanin to me like a child how to install these darn things. Thanks brian

M