Who is dealing with a snowstorm... Ralph?
Just wanted to let you all know, today I will be watching football with the windows open, sipping on a cold beverage, while wearing my shorts and t-shirt, and eating a salad made with fresh lettuce from my garden.

790_smiley_picking_a_fight

I'm sure a few of you will want to throw snowballs at me after that comment!
--
Kevin
Check out my Shapeways creations!
3-d printed items in HO/HOn3 and more!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Not us in T.O. Everyone else around us got walloped. London Ont. got about 3-4 feet dumped on it last week. Shut the entire city down for days as I understand it.

Right now its gloomy and its raining...typical Toronto December weather. Enjoy those fresh veggies! Thumbsup
Not a cloud in the sky ... 72°F ... but a 25+ knot breeze!

Wind chill advisories for tonight ... frost advisories for tomorrow night! Confusedhock:

Glad I found my windshield scraper last week in a box of car stuff! 357
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
nachoman Wrote:Just wanted to let you all know, today I will be watching football with the windows open, sipping on a cold beverage, while wearing my shorts and t-shirt, and eating a salad made with fresh lettuce from my garden.
790_smiley_picking_a_fight
I'm sure a few of you will want to throw snowballs at me after that comment!

I would, but the wind keeps blowing them out of my hands ! :o

Da Bears, are playing at Soldier Field..........the salads there, today, are made with frozen lettuce.......and eaten by frozen fans ! 357 Icon_twisted Icon_twisted 357
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
It is Chicago weather. Very windy, darn cold, but not much snow. I couldn't make a snow ball, so I guess I will add you to my hit list for another day. 35 Icon_lol

Matt
Don't follow me, I'm lost too.
"Oh, the weather outside is frightful..." Wink

Couple of things called off because of freezing rain today. Travel not advised.

There's a reason it's called "modelling season" Wink Big Grin

Andrew
I'm like Kevin, shorts and T-shirt today! 357 But I'm not looking out the window at a beautiful snow-covered Christmas season scene either. Sad

I saw that the Minnesota Vikings' football stadium had the roof fail due to snow load. Wow!

Anyway, to all of our forum members in the great white north, stay warm, and stay safe!
Oh yeah! We got it! Worst storm since the famous Halloween blizzard of 1991. A foot and a half fell on us in 24 hours. Here is the storm in progress after I had already used my snowblower to clear a good 6-8 inches. The walkway and driveway filled up fast, about an inch per hour or more.

[Image: CopyofIMG_2077.jpg]

This guy seems happy about it but by the next day he was half buried. Most of my outdoor Christmas lights on bushes are deeply covered and no longer visible!

[Image: IMG_2079.jpg]

Today its sunny but cold at 3 degrees. I spent a lot of time snow blowing for neighbors who only had shovels or smaller snowblowers. The stuff the city snowplow pushes into the end of driveways when they go by was well packed and over two feet deep. I just couldn't watch anyone work that hard removing it by hand!
[Image: IMG_2082.jpg]

Well, we're certain of a White Christmas..a white New Years...a white Valentine's Day...and possibly a white fourth of July! :mrgreen:

No Vikings/ Giants game today. The game was originally postponed because the airport was closed and the Giants couldn't fly in. Now it's postponed for even later because the roof of the Metrodome collapsed under the snow cover!

Enjoy the day, all of you guys in warmer places! Big Grin
Saw the roof --- or lack thereof -- on the news Sad Ewwww.. that looks like what we had last year...

I guess you're in the part of the US that has 2 seasons - Snow & Construction....... Which is why I keep dreaming of moving South!!! Eek Eek Eek Eek
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
Well, all I can say is better you then me Ralph! Confusedhock:

Looking at those pictures makes me want to run out screaming and by a snow-thrower at the local Home Despot. A purchase I've been putting off for years...last year I almost bought one, but would have probably only fired it up once. Any other time it snowed all it took was a quick scrape with the shovels and we were done. When we did get hit, we built a snowman that very morning, but by the end of the day it melted so much the head fell off! By the end of the week it left a dirty snow lump in the middle of our green lawn. Nope
Wow, Ralph. Looks beautiful from here Smile
--
Kevin
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s-model-train-detail-parts">https://www.shapeways.com/shops/kevin-s ... tail-parts</a><!-- m -->
Right, Kevin! I love snow ... to look at ... from afar.

It's down to 59° here and falling fast! I guess they weren't kidding about a frost advisory!

Get ready to pay more for your morning O.J.! Curse
biL

Lehigh Susquehanna & Western 

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~~Abraham Lincoln
P5se Camelback Wrote:Get ready to pay more for your morning O.J.! Curse

That's why I've got my own tree Smile
--
Kevin
Ralph Wrote:No Vikings/ Giants game today. The game was originally postponed because the airport was closed and the Giants couldn't fly in. Now it's postponed for even later because the roof of the Metrodome collapsed under the snow cover!

It'll still be played Monday evening... in Detroit.
Ah! They made a decision about that? There was talk of playing outside at the U of MN's field or at another domed stadium somewhere. Looks like Detroit is the "somewhere". Makes sense logistically.

Ralph