Pandora
The travel trailer for the layout arrived here at the new home yesterday.

Work will commence soon, so I need to find my digital camera and start documenting.
OK MM, We are awaiting developments and progress reports....Don't forget to critter-proof the trailer first. Goldth
Charlie
... and also don't be surprised to find that for every "critter-proof", Icon_twisted Icon_twisted ..............
there is a critter that.. "refutes the evidence". Big Grin Big Grin
We always learn far more from our own mistakes, than we will ever learn from another's advice.
The greatest place to live life, is on the sharp leading edge of a learning curve.
Lead me not into temptation.....I can find it myself!
Hey MM...That's great news..!! Hope you've put your eye troubles behind, and can start on that dream layout of yours...
Look forward to lots of pics and updates on your progress.... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).
I'm still able to only use my right eye - I will hopefully be fully discharged from care this coming Monday, and hope to have a satisfactory lens for the left eye within a week. I mention that because I have found it awkward and difficult to work without depth perception, and I am not yet cleared to resume driving until I get that new lens. Sad

As for "critter proofing", I am more than familiar with the problem here in the back country of Colorado, and it's not just the little critters, either. Last night I woke in the wee hours to hear a coyote serenading our female Rottweiler - who is in heat - from just outside of our backyard fence. We're now referring to him as "Pavorotti..." Big Grin

For the little critters, we have some outdoor cats, one of which is a female Manx with an attitude and an appetite for small, furry things.

The good news is that I don't need both eyes to begin stripping out the trailer, insulating and closing the walls and that sort of thing, so I can begin that, and I have been chewing up pencils in an effort to fine tune a decent track plan. I will also be running grade tests on my loco stable to confirm that they can handle the job before finalizing the track plan. I hope, however, to post at least a couple of photos, including an image of the countryside itself, before the end of this year.

I am looking forward to sharing this adventure with all of you. Thumbsup
Geeze MM - I thought that was all behind you.. Sad Hope everything turns out good for you.. I know what lack of depth perception is like, I had it bad, close to the end of the life span of my last pair of glasses. I couldn't judge stopping distances accurately at night. So I just drove as little as possible, until I got the new specs..

Lots better with 2 eyes focusing correctly Smile

Best of luck my friend!! Take care and keep us up to date!!! Smile
~~ Mikey KB3VBR (Admin)
~~ NARA Member # 75    
~~ Baldwin Eddystone Unofficial Website

~~ I wonder what that would look like in 1:20.3???
MountainMan Wrote:I am looking forward to sharing this adventure with all of you. Thumbsup

And we are sure looking forward to sharing this adventure with you.
Enjoy this Christmas season, and by then the eyes will be good to go, and I'm sure you will be using safety glasses with side shields too, maybe even goggles while doing any work at all.
How is your wife getting along? Hope you are getting settled into the new place and already feeling at home.
Charlie
Cheers I was thinking about the safety glasses myself...

From your descriptions, it sounds like a good place to live... Thumbsup
Gus (LC&P).