Need Help with my track plan
I started this tread on Zealot, but I am restarting it here.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164472">http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164472</a><!-- m -->

The 'table_diagram' is draw on 2 ft squares and I used 24" main line curves. My plan is to stay less then 2% grades. This an HO layout and it is my second RR. The first one was over 30 years ago and was 8X4 ft sheet of plywood.
The bench work goes around the wall in a U shape and then connects to the island in the middle of the room. You can walk around the island and between the table along the wall and the island. The island is 7 inches higher than the bench work along the wall.
The island will have a mountain in the middle do the double main line enters the mountain by one large tunnel and out the other side by two smaller tunnel exits. Track continues to elevate enough to cross back over the line entering the island and then drops back to match the other side of the double main line and the back down the hill.
I have drawn a few freight business along the main line.

The wall picture is a show my latest plan. Assuming the North is up in this picture the West bound train will be on the inside main line track. It can enter the freight yard on the left side or go around by staying next to the East bound main line. If it is a passenger train it can enter the passenger yard on the top left side of the picture. There will be two passenger loading tracks and a third track to allow the engine to escape and back up to the main line. To get service it will then need to move forward and then back into the freight yard, and then into the service area with the turntable.
After the last turnout at the top the track will drop so that it can go under the yard track and then back up to be at the same elevation as the other main line by the time it reaches the island.

With the current design the grade from there to the island will need to be about 3.5 %. Is this to much? Should I lower the island some?

Kent
I don't know how to attach the images that I uploaded. Any guidance to inserting uploaded images into my post?

Kent
Welcome Kent, glad you made it over to here.

Posting pics is easy, While you're writing your post, just go to the bottom of the page and click on the "Upload attachment" tab on the left. There you can upload your attachments one at a time, just like over there. Hit the "browse" button, select your upload, then click on "add the file". You can also add comments to each upload. If you want to retrieve a photo from somewhere else, like Photobuckets, just click on the "URL" button above the post you are composing, then insert the URL of the picture.

Now, one question to you, how did you manage to get Mikey's avatar in your post? I'll take it out, and replace it with the number "2", but I'm wondering how it got there in the first place. :o
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:Welcome Kent, glad you made it over to here.

Posting pics is easy, While you're writing your post, just go to the bottom of the page and click on the "Upload attachment" tab on the left. There you can upload your attachments one at a time, just like over there. Hit the "browse" button, select your upload, then click on "add the file". You can also add comments to each upload. If you want to retrieve a photo from somewhere else, like Photobuckets, just click on the "URL" button above the post you are composing, then insert the URL of the picture.

Now, one question to you, how did you manage to get Mikey's avatar in your post? I'll take it out, and replace it with the number "2", but I'm wondering how it got there in the first place. :o

Thanks for the reply Don. I was able to do the upload process on three pictures. But getting the image to show up in my post was not accomplished. I can't remember what I did the last time, but had tried using the "Img", "albumimg" and "albumthumb" butttons above the edit window. I placed the number 1, 2 and 3 (that is the number of images that I uploaded) in between the tokens created by pressing the buttons. I didn't get my images, but did get 'Mikey's avatar". 35

Now I will try the picture upload again here:

Nope, still didn't work. I went to 'Upload attachments', named the attachment, browsed to my file (IE wall4.jpg), click on upload. I took a couple of seconds and I saw the 'Window Explorer bar' do the green progress across the bottom of the window. Then nothing showed up in the edit window. Sad
The files are 47K, 62K and 132K in size.
Is my account OK for picture uploads?
Is there help on the buttons above the edit window?

I just checked someone else's post (by going to 'quote') and noticed the their picture had the word 'attachment' in tokens with the '123 028.jpg' in between them. I tried doing this but my 'wall4.jpg' only showed up as text.

Kent
OK, try again and let me know what happens
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD
ezdays Wrote:OK, try again and let me know what happens

OK here is the table:    

It works 2285_ I needed to resize so that they were 800x600 or less.

Now the island:    

And the current wall plan:

Now that we have the pictures to look at any advise?

Kent